closing bullet holes on nose

Submitted by Drew on 12/27/99. ( scottstaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 206.27.13.38

i am mounting a bobcat and am doing great except for one problem, there is a .22 cal bullet hole about 1/2 inch up from the nose. it is a very obvious place and it would show easily if i sewed it up because the hair is so short. please help. thanks

Return to Category Menu

Try this....

This response submitted by Kenneth on 12/28/99. ( bauman@caddoelectric.net ) 206.103.97.227

I am not much of a cat man, but here goes. I am one of those taxidermist that avoids sewing at all cost. I would clean up the cut with a scalpal, making sure my hair patterns will match well. Make sure to use a good hide paste (Buckeye is what I use)and mount the face. When everthing is in place, gently taxi the hole together and use fine pins or small hide nails to close the hole. This tends to look a lot better than sewing. The combination of hide paste and nails will keep the hole shut. Good Luck.

Yep..

This response submitted by Leanna on 12/28/99. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.69

I like the insect pins for the closure of a hole in the face too. Sewing shows but the pin thing works quite well...good luck!

Return to Category Menu