Looking for Live Rattle Snakes for Sale

Submitted by Chris Cheng on 4/27/02. ( chris2_002@yahoo.com ) 64.169.111.209

Hi,

I am currently looking for live rattle snakes in relatively large volume to purchase. Where will I be able to find some kind of supplier of live rattle snakes? I heard the only time where you have large supply of rattle snakes is during summer. (Correct me if I am wrong). Thanks!

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

live snakes

This response submitted by wetnwildtaxidermy.com on 4/27/02. ( tomvoyer@cox.net ) 68.14.4.178

I know of a guy i get them from, but DO NOT subscribe to people buying them live just to kill for taxidermy purposes. This is not like fishing for a trophy or shooting a ten pointer, if you want to kill hundreds of healthy snakes for whatever reasons you have then go and catch them yourselves and put yourself on an even playing field like the hunter or the fisherman!

What About?

This response submitted by HeadHanger on 4/28/02. ( gsc@crcom.net ) 208.220.74.3

gamebird breeders that raise specimens for taxidermy purposes, or exotic game ranches that raise or purchase their trophies for the sole purpose of killing, or hatcheries that raise fish to be stocked in 'pay to fish' ponds for the sole purpose of catching. Don't forget about cattle ranches or chicken farms or earthworm farmers! Sheesh Tom. The man is just looking for some snakes, not a lecture on morals. To each his own.

HH

Chris

This response submitted by HeadHanger on 4/28/02. ( gsc@crcom.net ) 208.220.74.3

To answer your question: The best time of year to locate live rattlesnakes in large quantities is in the winter. You locate their dens and gas them out, but I bet Tom DOES NOT subscribe to this either. I guess I'm just an immoral son of a gun.

HH

rebuttal on snakes for taxidermy purposes

This response submitted by wetnwildtaxidermy.com on 4/28/02. ( tomvoyer@cox.net ) 68.14.4.178

To Headbanger, there is a big difference to those who raise game animals on preserves so they can be stalked, baited, or whatever by hunters. Hell i love to hunt, but if the game ranch told me I did not even have to shoot one, they would just put it in a freezer alive, and when I get there they would load itin my car and say( nice trophy, good job) What is the purpose! I have no problem with the guy going out and catching them on his own to do with them what he wants. At least you are meeting the animal one on one in his domain. crap! I,m not a tree hugger, but why kill a wild animal( not raised for food) just to make a mount, or a fang necklace! Evidentally YOU know nothing about reptiles! Snakes thatare bred for the industry are bred as pets!1 Not FOOD! Chuckar partridges and pheasants that are raised to be hunted on farms, are meant to be HUNTED! Not corraled into a freezer so you can pick one out and proudly display it on your wall as your trophy. If you cannot see the difference, then maybe your little section on worm farmers is where your intelligence level should stay!

Tom

The name is HeadHANGER, not HeadBanger. If you're going to accuse someone of being ignorant, stupid, and morally inferior, at least get their name right. The fact still remains that you, like so many others here, are so quick to judge someone else's morality and intelligence. Are YOU so very righteous and without flaw? He who is without sin may cast the first stone! If you'll read Chris' post again, you'll see that he never once mentioned that he was going to kill these snakes, mount them, or harm them in any way. You just assumed this and jumped on the opportunity to talk down to a man, in the hopes of elevating yourself in the eyes of others. I'm impressed. For all you know, he could be shipping them overseas for food or even processing them locally. Did it ever occur to you that Chris may live in an area where there are no rattlesnakes to be caught by himself? Therefore, preventing him from facing them 'ONE ON ONE' or on an 'EVEN PLAYING FIELD' as you would have it. Think about it. You obviously don't know as much about the industry as you think you do.

HH

P.S. I liked your comparison to earthworms and my intelligence level. Very colorful ending to a weak argument.

HeadHanger needs education on Cults!

This response submitted by wetnwildtaxidermy.com on 4/29/02. ( tomvoyer@cox.net ) 68.14.4.178

HeadHanger, the HeadBanger reference was a type-0, nothing more. As for an education in this reptile business let me give you one right now. I deal with all the largest suppliers in this country. 75% of all inquiries into the purchase of LARGe AMOUNTS of live rattlers by private parties means Cult USE! I was not talking down to the guy, nor was i talking down to you. I did not see the guy ask for your assistance in defending himself, as a matter of fact i have not seeb him do anything other than post his message. I cannot prove this is the reason for the need for them, so i did not delve into it. i get about 2-3 e-mails a day from suspected cult societies needing large volumes of large rattlers. So when I see a poist like this Little red flags go up in my head. This reptile forum section brings out all the wierdos who want reptile blood and venom for all sorts of sordid reasons. I for one if i get a bad feeling about something, am not about to encourage helping or others to help them. I may be totally off base on this, and if so i apoligise! BUT! I go by statistics, ands warnings from my suppliers when something is going around. I was warned about a Japanese cult operating on the forum and Web sites, wanting large volumes of rattlers. They hang them from the tails live, and slit their throats and sell shot glasses of the fresh blood for 100.00 per shot. With this info given to me, I respond accordingly.! Maybe you need the education, not me!

Burying the Hatchet

This response submitted by HeadHanger on 4/29/02. ( gsc@crcom.net ) 208.220.74.3

Tom,

If this is what's going on here, then I retract everything I said in his defense and I apologize to you. Peace brother.

HH

my hatchet is also buried

This response submitted by wetnwildtaxidermy.com on 4/29/02. ( tomvoyer@cox.net ) 68.14.4.178

Head Hanger, I should apoligize to you as sometimes i take it for granted that everyone knows what is going on. I should not have assumed you knew about this problem, as very few do. I was not surehowever if it is the case in this instance, so i did not delve into it earlier on, which would have prevented this mess. Again my apologies. There are days when we both can learn something
Peace
tom

in the early spring

This response submitted by sean on 4/29/02. ( ) 66.163.137.18

you find large qty of snakes in the early spring. in the winter they are deep in there dens and once it starts to warm slighly the will slowly come out and sun at the edges of there dens. the summer is usauly to late to find anyone with large qty of snakes because at this time they have all been sold to oversea's buyers.

as far as putting them on an even playing field in order to kill them i guess that anyone who has spent much time in western texas outdoors would just tell you to shot them,beat them or do what ever you can to keep them from harming antone in their families or friends. my dad was bitten by one and although he survived he was highly alergic to the anti venom and was sick for a long time. i thought at one point that he was a goner. he didn't wait long to get treatment either. he was at the hospital within ten minutes. but hospitals are not usualy set up for caring for stuff like this so they had to get out the handbooks and read on what to do. so i'm sorry for who ever it is that feels that they need to be laying on the groung and swating them with their hand in order to make things more even. if they come to be endangered then maybe i will change my mind but until then i'm going to catch them alive and through them in a freezer until they freeze rock solid and die.
good day,

Snake forsale

This response submitted by Jerred Dalton on 5/9/02. ( jerreddalton@yahoo.com ) 12.220.112.90

Hello Chris, if you contact Gary Gussert in Stillwater Oklahoma, he should have something you need near five footers in size? Anything larger than that I'm not sure? His email address is krgussert@juno.com . He has them alive and frozen for your needs, hope this helps , Jerred)

I have some contacts if the others don't work out.

This response submitted by Dale T. on 5/14/02. ( dthornton@drhorton.com ) 65.115.217.200

I grew up in central Texas and caught hundreds of snakes growing up. I still know quite a few people who catch them every year. They have them live from January until the end of March. You can usually work a deal to cherry pick the big ones for a few dollars a pound more than market price. E-mail me at dthornton@drhorton.com if you are interested.

kill'em all, I'm with you. The best time of year

This response submitted by big John on 5/30/02. ( ) 66.81.55.118

The fall of the year here in northern Calif. is rattle snake time. On days that are hot they come out on the road in the evening . I live near a lake with a lot building going on, the snakes are on the move, I've killed more than 400, quit counting. some are more than 6 feet in length, most are small. The largest 18 rattlers and nearly 18 pounds. This was twice the weight of the next biggest. I used a shotgun on this baby. He was in my yard. I've never found a den, can't help you there. Can tell you a good pair of knee high rubber boots is a good tool to wear. Good luck, also they seem to like rocky areas with brush. Remember kill'em all

kill'em all, I'm with you. The best time of year

This response submitted by big John on 5/30/02. ( ) 66.81.55.118

The fall of the year here in northern Calif. is rattle snake time. On days that are hot they come out on the road in the evening . I live near a lake with a lot building going on, the snakes are on the move, I've killed more than 400, quit counting. some are more than 6 feet in length, most are small. The largest 18 rattlers and nearly 18 pounds. This was twice the weight of the next biggest. I used a shotgun on this baby. He was in my yard. I've never found a den, can't help you there. Can tell you a good pair of knee high rubber boots is a good tool to wear. Good luck, also they seem to like rocky areas with brush. Remember kill'em all

who is willing to buy mojave green rattle snakes for anti ve

This response submitted by Mat on 07/15/2002. ( SUPERMOR42@AOL.COM ) 66.214.126.36

Im looking for some company or someone that is willing to buy mojave green rattle snakes plz email me if you know where i can sell them.

Looking for rattlesnakes to breed for my land.

This response submitted by Brian Hill on 07/15/2002. ( thehacker03@hotmail.com ) 164.105.232.51

I'm looking for a pair of Diamonback rattlers to have as pets. I enjoy the beauty and the grace of snakes. I have been bitten by 3 rattlers in the past, and it still has not curbed my love for them. It is hard for me to find them in the wild the only ones I come across are copperheads and cottonmouths. If any one has some info on where I might be able to luck upon a pair then please e-mail me and let me know. Size dosent matter I dont want trophys I just want a rare exotic pet. Thanks

Hmmmmmmmm

This response submitted by Caroline Bailey on 07/21/2002. ( murdergenre@aol.com ) 205.188.209.69

I just find it odd the idiots trying to feel more manly by killing vast quantities of snakes. "Kill 'em all" How caveman can you get? I can tell you if they come in your yard, yes, I agree with that killing, but killing for the sake of pleasure is disgusting. All living things have a purpose, and as long as they are away from human contact, being if they are dangerous, should be respected for that sole reason. - Caroline

I have some!

This response submitted by Hannah on 07/29/2002. ( Cheetahspeede@AOL.com ) 198.81.26.76

I have some rattler eggs coming in next year AT THE LATEST! For ALL OF THEM it is $170.00 for one it is $70.00. DO NOT JUST KILL THEM OFF! Act now they're running low FAST! E-mail me ASAP!

Hannah
PS I want a monthly cheack up, I do love the ones I have had in the past!

You Want Rattle Snakes ?

This response submitted by Deaert Rat on 08/02/2002. ( DesertRat@yahoo.com ) 65.241.28.194

You want rattlers?Well contact us & give discription of what your looking for &we will see about locating & getting what you require.
We hunt rattlers year round. Price & shipping is negociable.

FINDING YOUR REPTILES

This response submitted by X-Ray on 08/09/2002. ( crai5578@bellsouth.net ) 209.214.56.229

I travle all over the united states and get what people want. I WILL NOT help anyone who I find to be killing or missuseing these animles in any way. So please only true lovers respond. I am covring the south east in late Aug. 2002 and will do my best go get what you want. privates, hole sale, and retail are welcome

crai5578@bellsouth.net

I have your West Virginia Timber Rattler's

This response submitted by Maj on 08/11/2002. ( MJPISGAH@AOL.com ) 64.12.96.77

Anyone who like to purchace Timber rattle snake hides,frozen whole,skinned and or tanned, or live... Just contact us at through email.

Mike

lots of rattle snakes under my house

This response submitted by sal on 08/13/2002. ( rastaman6982@aol.com ) 198.81.26.76

I got a problem I have alot of rattle snakes under my house here in yuma az.

lotsa of rattle snakes under my house

This response submitted by Gene on 08/17/2002. ( 07-0000@excite.com ) 208.220.74.3

That is a problem, but they can be profitable. But I bet you can atleast say that you don't have any rodents under your house, near it or in the immediate area. Hoever, there is a benefit to this, just inform all your "friends" that you have these characters laying about and I bet they won't "drop in" and visit unexpectedly. A suggestion would be to locate rattlesnakes recipes, they are delicious if prepared properly. I live in West Texas and rattlers are abundant here. In fact, we have rattle snakke roundups here annually.

rattlers

This response submitted by Rocky on 08/27/2002. ( rockyadkins615msn.com ) 209.142.182.44

I can get you any amount of rattlers you want . any size alive or dead. Louisana is full of them .

Rattlesnakes for sale

This response submitted by Carl Davis on 09/03/2002. ( Carlbubba8@aol.com ) 64.12.96.77

I have several rattlesnakes for sale. There are two adults and at least six babies. If you are interested please e-mail me soon because if I don't sell them soon I plan on letting them loose.

How much does a baby diamond back go for

This response submitted by David on 09/06/2002. ( Hellaciouscntry7@aol.com ) 209.184.112.50

I have several baby diamond backs and the one full grown. My question is, how much would one sell for? I just want a price. I know people who want them, but they want to know how much I will charge.

Rattlers of all kinds

This response submitted by Helodermis on 09/09/2002. ( ) 217.227.55.108

I dont see why people have to hunt rattlers. I got 7 of them and started breeding and now I get round 120 babies every year. So far Ive kept em or let em loose. Could anyone tell me if there are companies or people who buy live/frozen whole or parts of snakes regularly (not just ONCE but preferrably on a monthly/yearly basis)? I have eastern diamondbacks, western diamondbacks plus sidewinders.

Rattle snake venom for sale

This response submitted by Johnny Baker on 09/12/2002. ( johnnybinchrist@hotmail.com ) 64.12.96.77

Looking for mecical company's needing snake venom..thanks for any information..

I have a few snakes

This response submitted by daisygirl on 09/13/2002. ( lee34@msn.com ) 152.163.188.164

but i can not give any of them up..we live in the woods,we also have lots of mice..which help themselves to any thing.. the snakes keep the mice in check..the owls and hawks keep the snakes in check we all keep a nice balance..... before we all die of curiosity....what are you gonna use the snakes for?
daisygirl
Alabama

I have some!

This response submitted by Gerry on 09/17/2002. ( ) 198.81.26.142

I'm sorry....I just found it really amusing that Hannah has rattlesnake eggs coming in next year when rattlers are ovoviviparous, meaning they bare live young, and do not lay eggs. Wonderful. People that don't even know the basics are running around handling and marketing venomous snakes! Hooray!
~Gerry, Washington State

I have some!

This response submitted by Hannah on 07/29/2002. ( Cheetahspeede@AOL.com ) 198.81.26.76
I have some rattler eggs coming in next year AT THE LATEST! For ALL OF THEM it is $170.00 for one it is $70.00. DO NOT JUST KILL THEM OFF! Act now they're running low FAST! E-mail me ASAP!

Hannah
PS I want a monthly cheack up, I do love the ones I have had in the past

Albino Burmese Python

This response submitted by Jesika on 09/18/2002. ( stonerchickabe@yahoo.com ) 206.176.126.238

I am looking for an Albino Burmese Python if you find one around south dakota will you please contact me

morons

This response submitted by tommy on 09/19/2002. ( ) 12.229.221.187

you guys are morons. all the guy wanted was a snake im from washington state too

LOOKING FOR ALL KINDS OF SNAKES TO BREED OR HAVE AS PET!

This response submitted by ANTHONY on 10/06/2002. ( WWW.NAUGHTYBOY151@AOL.COM ) 198.81.26.142

SNAKE LOVER FROM CALIFORNIA LOOKING FOR ALL KINDS OF SNAKES TO BREED OR HAVE AS A PET. IT CAN BE BIG,SMALL,FAT,SKINNEY,YOUNG,OLD,VENOMOUS, NON VENOMOUS, PLAIN OR COLORFUL IT REALLY DOES'NT MATTER TO ME. SO I'F YOU ARE SELLING OR YOU JUST WANT TO GET RID OF A SNAKE,I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO BRING HIM INTO MY HOME! LEAVE A SHORT DISCRIPTION OF YOUR SNAKE OR SNAKES ON MY E-MAIL AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. BYE!

How about one in the house?

This response submitted by Jo on 10/24/2002. ( joum444@yahoo.com ) 12.86.31.215

I just killed a small rattler in my house a few minutes ago. Is there a way to deter them from "visiting"? I wouldn't have seen it except the cat reacted and I saw it coil and try to strike. Have no idea how it got in...we humted and saw no more...just a black button, no rattles. Now I scared to go to sleep tonight...

BRAVE & need to know how to raise my catch

This response submitted by Toby Callison on 11/06/2002. ( tndrocktop@yahoo.com ) 63.136.4.165

I live in northwest arkansas and I have only once witnessed 10 foot 24 inches round TIMBER RATTLER. that was 15 years ago.Today i have caught a live lost baby timber bare handed.What I need to know is how to raise it for HOUSE PET.NOT KILL!temputare wize & living space to reach 10 foot long.thanks!

BRAVE & need to know how to raise my catch

This response submitted by Toby Callison on 11/06/2002. ( tndrocktop@yahoo.com ) 63.136.4.165

I live in northwest arkansas and I have only once witnessed 10 foot 24 inches round TIMBER RATTLER. that was 15 years ago.Today i have caught a live lost baby timber bare handed.What I need to know is how to raise it for HOUSE PET.NOT KILL!temputare wize & living space to reach 10 foot long.thanks!

rattle snakes huh !

This response submitted by rattle snake hunter on 12/08/2002. ( rttlr73533@yahoo.com ) 12.147.245.11

I hunt them for the sport , and sell them to snake hunts , soif you are still interested in buying some . e-mail me and let me know ..I personally don't care what others say about the sport I like .. I'll either sell them or let them go , and wouldn't care what you did wth them ..

rattle snakes huh !

This response submitted by rattle snake hunter on 12/08/2002. ( rttlr73533@yahoo.com ) 12.147.245.11

I hunt them for the sport , and sell them to snake hunts , soif you are still interested in buying some . e-mail me and let me know ..I personally don't care what others say about the sport I like .. I'll either sell them or let them go , and wouldn't care what you did wth them ..

Rattle Snake Den / You Pick Up.

This response submitted by WANDA TIMMONS on 12/14/2002. ( wandat@htcomp.net ) 64.209.37.215

I have a den of rattle snakes on my property. I live in Clifton Texas
It is best to catch them while the weather is cold. Will sale cheap!All or nothing. WANDA T.

rattlesnakes 4 sale

This response submitted by gwarchild on 01/06/2003. ( gwarchild1@excite.com ) 216.83.64.110

anyone willing to buy great basin rattlers, rock rattlers, and prairie rattlers from idaho email me and let me know. i hunt them from late spring til deer season.

suicide snake man

This response submitted by suicide rider on 01/08/2003. ( suicide_rider81@yahoo.com ) 66.82.9.46

im looking for a rattle snake to love and take care of! i have had and have many snakes mostly pythons but i have a friend who has many rattlers and i have helped taken care of them, i guess you can say i got "turned on to them"! i would like a western or eastern diamand back, but any would work for the first of my own please email me at suicide_rider81@yahoo.com thank you.

How do you catch the Damn things? ? ? ? ?

This response submitted by Daniel on 01/27/2003. ( occifer_deas@yahoo.com ) 216.77.3.3

Me and my wife recently went to a "Rattle Snake Roundup" and I was mezmorized at how the handlers worked with those snakes, so much in fact that I am interested in catching some myself to harvest. I would appreciate any information that anyone could send me ,via e-mail on how to catch rattle snakes, like equipment and places to look.

Thank's alot
Daniel

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu