snake skin fleshing

Submitted by skulldoctor on 01/29/2004. ( skulldoctor@hotmail.com ) 68.240.142.26

by any chance,can any1 tell me if there is any such device {w/rollers} that u can feed a snakeskin thru and it fleshes it in the process {large skins-pythons,boas,etc....} .i find fleshing the large skins 2b a pain in the a$$. i didnt know if there was any automated fleshing machines u could just feed the skin thru.

duz any1 know any place that will tan large skin in quantity at wholesale prices? i supply the skins,they flesh and tan them.i was told there was a place in georgia the duz ,for sumthn like $3/foot,but they couldnt remember the buisness name.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

Last time i checked

This response submitted by wetnwild on 01/29/2004. ( ) 24.128.109.191

It was some place in texas that did them, but it was a lot more than 3.00 per foot. To flesh and tan them it was more like 10.00 to 15.00 per foot. All pythons and constrictors also have to be descaled of there epidermal outer scale layer when they are dried to remove crinkling effct due to shrinking outer scales. You can call me at
603-783-4861, and maybe I can do em for ya. But not for 3.00 per foot.

Part of being a taxidermist

This response submitted by Superpig on 01/29/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.8

everyone is always looking for a magic machine or magic solution or the like. Sometime in taxidermy you just gonna have to use the good ole' elbow grease to get things done. Or you have to be willing to pay good money to have someone else do it for you. Nothing comes free, cheap or easy.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu