Best Video for mounting Rattlers!

Submitted by Steve Collins on 03/24/2004 at 15:34. ( bondzo@hotmail.com ) 68.45.197.154

My wife is interested in learning how to skin, flesh, tan & mount from A-Z, some rattlesnakes and I was wondering what video would be the best one for her to watch that will give her everything she would need to know on how to do it. I hear the Tom Voyer video is real good but just wanted to know if there are any better ones out there.
Thanks

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

maybe

This response submitted by Mike C on 03/24/2004 at 17:13. ( ) 207.28.66.9

Go to Taxidermists then to iowa look up shep brown taxidermy. He's has mounted many and developed different forms he should be able to help you out.

Buy Tom's Video!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 03/24/2004 at 22:47. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 207.69.139.136

Buy Tom's video - you wont be sorry! The girl that packages for me watched it with her husband - and now they both think they could easily do one! They thought Tom's video was extremely interesting and informative. And its far from being dull! It had all the expert advice you need to do a good job! I highly recommend it!

Contact Tom at WetnWild - his e-mail is everywhere on this "Reptiles" category.

Bruce Rittel

Yea but his video is of a closed mouth snake

This response submitted by Steve Collins on 03/25/2004 at 16:13. ( bondzo@hotmail.com ) 68.45.197.154

I need one of an open mouth snake.

snake video

This response submitted by wetnwild on 03/26/2004 at 05:49. ( voyer1@aol.com ) 24.128.109.191

Yes it is of a closed mouth snake, but the method is identical except you will be gluing the lips to a closed form insted of an open mouth form. On an open mouth form, you will have to paint the mouth interior, and good reference, cant be found on tapes, but rather through specimens or good resource books.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu