bullfrog

Submitted by Harry on 05/02/2004 at 22:35. ( harryv@cox-internet.com ) 66.233.221.101

What is the best way to skin a frog ? And what do I need to make the form out of ?

Thanks
Harry

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

If Interested,,,,

This response submitted by Raven on 05/03/2004 at 05:37. ( Raven@trillium-hills.com ) 24.150.166.254

I have reproduction bullfrogs available. Simply paint and you are done =) Great time savings and time = $$$.

Email me if interested.

Bullfrog

This response submitted by wetnwild on 05/03/2004 at 06:23. ( ) 24.128.109.191

If you want to do a hard form, you can make an alginate cast of tye frog, and then pour a bondo resin form. If using this method, you will have to do a belly incision to insrt form, and easily reapirable seam line. If you are going to use a fill mehtod on the frog, then skin him out throught the mouth, and insert sculpall into the foot areas and wire in place and then use whatever fill method you are goping to use, to fill him out. Bend the wires to whatever pose you desire in the legs, and then finish as normal. But, if you have never done either, doas raven suggests, and get a repro done.

How to start?

This response submitted by Stian J on 05/03/2004 at 18:36. ( ) 130.67.181.109

Earlier I stuffed some toads by the belly, but how to start if skinning trough the mouth? Do I have to break the neck?

Yes

This response submitted by wetnwild on 05/04/2004 at 08:57. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Stick your scissors into the mouth, and cut the jawbone tissues so they are no lomget attached. Then remove the upper brain cavity up to where the eye sockets are located. Then slowly turn the thing inside out by removing tissue as it becomes available. When you reach the front legs, sever them and tube them through the mouth. same with the back legs. If it is a small frog, it can get tedious and very delicate as the skin on th thighs tears easily. Best bet is to just use a belly incision, and clean out as normal. If you are going to pack it through the mouth, the belly incision can be closed first using basting cloth or a small section of womens nylons on the inside. use it as backing and pul the two sides together, and meet them on the cloth and glue in place. the seam will be almost invisible.

Ok

This response submitted by Stian on 05/05/2004 at 17:43. ( ) 130.67.70.208

Ok, gotta try it.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu