Snake trap

Submitted by Ted Medley on 07/01/2004 at 23:35. ( tedwibston46@webtv.net ) 24.173.113.6

Yesterday or the day before someone wanted to know how to make a snake trap. It didn't dawn on me when I read it, but came to my bean bag later. As a teen I would set out minnow baskets (traps) in a branch( small stream of water). Every once in a while I would find a dead snake in one. My idea would be to get a minnow basket and modify it by putting a wire chamber inside of it for a live mouse. Place it in the woods or where you know skakes are and check on it. You would probable catch one. After the snake is in the basket, cover the basket with water. Of course the snake will die.
You wil probable find a minnow basket in the sporting supply at Wal-Mart or K-Mart. If you can't find one e-mail me your telephone # and I will tell you how to build one out of screen wire.

Ted

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

Tap Idea

This response submitted by Jake Wehrmeister on 07/02/2004 at 22:59. ( Rabidbowhunter@aol.com ) 64.12.116.78

I have used this idea before and it does work. We used ours for water moccasins that stayed under our boat ramp.We would take them and put some frogs or other bait inside of it and put it underwater with just enough above so the bait would live. It worked real well but for the bigger snakes we had to inlarge the opening.

how to build a snake trap

This response submitted by k. buxton on 12/1/04 at 7:15 AM. ( kbuxton@coscom.net ) 66.249.64.70

i would like info on building a snake for mainly ground living types.

how to build a snake trap

This response submitted by k buxton on 12/1/04 at 7:20 AM. ( kbuxton@coscom.net ) 203.123.69.211

i would like info on building a snake trap.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu