killing rattlesnakes for skin?

Submitted by bob on 07/03/2004 at 13:24. ( ) 68.63.254.12

i thought we were maybe getting beyond killing animals for a "novelty"... i found a dead timber rattler on the road, i'm tanning the hide, but it would never enter my mind to kill one for any selfish reason. i guess we'll always have people in the world that are just plain ignorant on the matter. i'm with the other guy that said "enjoy them with a camera" dont kill em.. come on people, get educated..

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

I agree

This response submitted by Walt on 07/03/2004 at 16:13. ( ) 63.92.148.142

When I see a snake crossing the road I stop and help it. People will stop and drive away shaking thier heads in disbelieve that I wasn't killing it...BTW I am hunter and fisherman, I just respect my game.

Your Wrong

This response submitted by Patrick on 11/8/04 at 6:16 PM. ( ) 24.0.1.220

sorry, but your wrong. rattlesnakes are deadly when in the wild. and when I say "deadly" i mean it. they also have the fastest strike out of all the snakes in the world. When or if you kill a rattlesnake, you could of just saved someones life in the future. i do admit that they are beautiful creatures, but they are DEADLY. let me say that again: D-E-A-D-L-Y. i understand you wanting to respect your game, but unless you are planning on eating your rattlesnake, either kill it bcuz it is about to bite you or the rattler is in a very heavily populated rattlesnake area, and it is more probably a good thing that your getting rid of something that deadly

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu