TOM VOYER NTA TAXIDERMY SEMINAR no show

Submitted by Student at large on 07/14/2004 at 08:59. ( ) 68.62.131.28

Tom Voyer I have went to two seminars now that you were supposed to be an instructor of mounting large snakes only to find you a no show.
I see all the posts here about you, and am told you are one of the best. But my opinion, being one of the best also includes doing what you say you will do. Why would you put yourself on a list as an instructor and not show...not once but twice? Sure there were other classes to go to, good classes at that. Next trip out I personaly will not work my seminar schedual around one of your classes.
2 and 0 as a no show, I truley hope this is not the way you operate on a daily basis. On the other hand, you missed out on a good weekend, just think you might have learned somthing also.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

Excuse me

This response submitted by wetnwild on 07/14/2004 at 11:00. ( ) 24.128.109.191

I for one do not need to explain my situation to you, but here it goes anyways. Last year a month prior to the show, I had a severe back injury that all but landed me in a hospital for surgery that would have kept me in bed for 8 months. Its tought to plan on things in life months and months in adveance as things in life happen. This past year, my Father in law down in MISSISIPPI, Entered himself into a psychiatric clininc with paranoia, suicidal tendency and severe depresion. this was only but two months ago. we have been told it would be best to move him up here with us to get him away from the situation he is living in. For the past two months we have been renevating the down stairs as this will be where he will live. Going and getting him has depended on whaen the doctors have stabilized his medication to the point wheew hospital records and recomendations can be forwarded the the VA up here in New hampshire. We have not been able to make plans to do anyhting now for almost 60 days and it stands that way going into the near future. Not going for the second year in a row is a great dissapointment to me , but as life goes, you are dealt things sometimes that you have no control over, and especially when commitments have to be made almost a year inadvance to be promoted properly. SO! get ogf my back when you really do not know how things function with shows, or when you have no idea about what is going on in the lives of people from one day to another. probably would have been easiere for you to take and understand if i told you my wife died, or one of my kids was killed, but not quite that severe, but non-the-less of no lesser importance

Student at large

This response submitted by Superpig on 07/14/2004 at 11:44. ( ) 64.12.116.77

It is always easy to criticize someone when you can't see the large picture. People do have private lives and families which come first. Life deals you all kinds of low cards which each individual has to deal with unexpectantly. Don't go spouting off about someone when you don't know what the situation is. I am pretty sure Tom would have told you what the reason was (not that he is obligated to do so) if you would have posted that you were wondering what happened to Tom and that you had been looking forward to his seminar.

Tom is a highly qualified reptile taxidermist and an excellent teacher. He taught me more about reptiles through emails and phone calls in one year then I could have learned on my own in five years.
And he didn't have to do that; but he did because that's the kind of person he is.

For that I want to thank you Tom. Without your support, teaching and encouragement I would not have achieved what I have by becoming the National Champion in reptile skin mounts.

So you see Student at large, go ahead and don't arrange your schedule any longer around any instructor and you will be the one missing out on the learning experience. You are only going to hurt yourself and no one else. Might want to think about that next time life deals you a blow.

The real story...

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 07/14/2004 at 12:20. ( eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.134

Here is what really happened to Tom...

While preparing for the show Tom knew he would have to wear a dress in order to qualify as my room mate at the show. He was trying on a pair of size 10 high heels when KABOOM! One of the heels blew out. He fell backwards onto a cage containing a burmese python. Luckily the plate in his back prevented further injury. However, the cage was broken and the python was upset. It wrapped around his neck and he passed out. I was informes that he woke up too late to catch his plane and he could not drive with a broken heel. There you go. I'm sure Tom is sick over the fact that he missed out on so much fun. I hope you are recovering well, Tom. We missed you!

I think it was maybe more like...

This response submitted by Mi$$ L@v@ on 07/14/2004 at 12:34. ( SMACK~ ) 205.188.116.77

He was frightened he MIGHT have to sit across a dinner table from me?

::-)

actually lori ( miss love)

This response submitted by wetnwild on 07/14/2004 at 12:47. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Your corrct also! SMACK! P.S. Janette, does that mean that Randall was strapless? LOL LOL

I USUALLY AM

This response submitted by BRAT GURL on 07/14/2004 at 14:23. ( EXPIRED ) 172.175.42.244

"corrct"

;-O~

Safe Returns,

Cheers,

...To the Fathers...

I heard he was in Envenomated again

This response submitted by Coyote on 07/14/2004 at 14:24. ( coyote@wideopenwest.com ) d47-69-175-233.try.wideopenwest.com

From a snake he was handling wrong! The snake a Pituophis Melanoleucus Is quite poisonous and Tom barely made it through the anti-venom treatments again. Isn't this the second time Tom?....LMAO

Coyote

Envenomated! Luv it!

This response submitted by Mi$$ed Out 2 on 07/14/2004 at 14:43. ( Lorrie ) 172.138.118.10

I read it here on the forums a few weeks ago.

Tom wrote on this site, that sadly, he wouldn' attend.

Perhaps the rosters could have made the notations...

But...

We all know "Subject to Change W/O Notice"***

Mind you, I CAN be "ncorrct"...

With a Toast "To the Mothers" Too!

This response submitted by & on 07/14/2004 at 14:49. ( 4U ) 172.138.118.10

JUST BECAUSE

Randal's attire

This response submitted by Jeanette on 07/14/2004 at 16:14. ( ) 63.86.173.179

Tom,

Randal was scantily clad in a nitey shirt with matching houndstooth evening pants. It was a very nice ensemble. By the way, you might wish to leave the gopher snakes alone. They can have a nasty enough disposition to keep anyone from a show. Stick with Lampropeltis or my favorite... charina bottae. I hade one named Trojan. Cool snakes.

Actually yote

This response submitted by wetnwild on 07/14/2004 at 16:50. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Isnt that what you call Bull? LOl As in Bull snake? LOL As for envenomation that is not quite right. the fact that i keep getting injected with bad luck and circumstances can oly be blamed on the deadly Murphys lawkeepsgetinme. Lol It is true i have been now envenomated a total of five times, none have been fatal. I believe the venom in small doses has kicked my immune system up a few notches LOl or maybe it was just the Shmirnoffs! as for you Jeanette, do you have any pictures of randall in this dashing outfit? Must have looked quite dainty! LOL LOL Were his big fuzzy slippers big bird, or the off the rack type?

so typical

This response submitted by DaveT on 07/14/2004 at 19:46. ( ) host-66-205-127-17.classicnet.net

Another coward to afraid to leave their name, must be another liberal taking a shot at a good American REPUBLICAN.

DaveT

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu