Tom or Evelyn

Submitted by Asher on 07/27/2004 at 19:57. ( asherdym@charter.net ) ts46-04-qdr143.mdfrd.or.charter.com

Sorry to bother you two again but I had one last question:

Is it okay to freeze these skins for mounting later? Like I said I'm trying to get the "whole" snakes out of the freezer so I am skinning them and then will mount when I can. The process that I'm using after the skinning is just borax during and after the fleshing process, then I am lightly misting the skins and putting them in a freezer zip lock bag folded and placed back in the freezer.

Thanks
Asher

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

yes

This response submitted by wetnwild on 07/27/2004 at 20:39. ( ) h00e018676c26.ne.client2.attbi.com

It is Ok to freeze them in a plaSTIC BAG, but to defrost them, take them out of the bag and wrap in papertowels or a cloth bag to wick the moisture away from the skin as they thaw
Tom

Thanks Tom

This response submitted by Asher on 07/27/2004 at 20:57. ( ) ts46-04-qdr143.mdfrd.or.charter.com

Once again thanks for the reply Tom .... I appreciate it! I'll have to send some pictures whne I finsih these so you can critique them.

Asher

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu