Rattlesnakes

Submitted by john on 8/13/04 at 1:31 AM. ( misfit1_99@yahoo.com ) 216.12.108.123

I live in West Virginia and have killed two rattlers in two days. My question is how do i find out what type of rattler do i have and Is it breeding season for them. Where I work they are everywhere.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

WV Rattlers

This response submitted by Jim on 8/13/04 at 2:02 AM. ( ) 205.188.112.46

What you have are Timber Rattlers-the only kind found in West Virginia.They come in yellow phase and black phase and just about every shade inbetween,but all are Timber rattlers.These snakes usually breed in May after coming out of hibernation but sometimes also breed in late Summer-early Fall.About mid-August,when the nights start to cool down,they start to congregate at the den sites.Females also head there to have there young-usually in September.You may be near a denning area and that is why you are seeing so many at this time.Denning areas usually face approximately South,but may be anywhere from East to west-never North-facing.Usually a rocky location,often on the upper part of a ridge.Sound like your spot?

Thanks Jim

This response submitted by john on 8/15/04 at 11:13 PM. ( misfit1_99@yahoo.com ) 4.249.231.131

Yes I believe your right about around a den. Thank you for answering me. I have never seen so many rattle snakes in my life. Thanks for the information.

export of live reptiles,insects,amphibians,birds,mammals

This response submitted by John Urasa on 9/15/04 at 2:20 AM. ( john_urasa@yahoo.se ) 66.110.19.126

We are experienced International Exporters and can handle small and larger shipments of live/dead Millipedes, scorpion, mantid, centipedes, beetles, cricket, taranturas spirds and live Birds, reptiles, animals and other species from Tanzania, East Africa.Our motto is prompt and timely execution of impending orders from our esteemed foreign Importers geared for our customers satisfaction.We therefore call upon only serious customers(Importers)to place orders or enquiries from our quality species

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu