Red Tail Wall Mount

Submitted by Joseph on 11/7/04 at 10:36 PM. ( jmcraig2@bsu.edu ) 68.51.109.246

I have just as late had my 5'10" Red Tail Boa pass away. I have had him for a long time and would like to keep him in the form of a wall mount. Could anyone tell me where to find great insructions on proper skinning techniques on the internet or for purchase if relatively cheap as I am a poor college student. I have heard through this forum that Rittle's snake tan would be the best to use. Any comments on this topic would be greatly apriciated. Thank you. Joseph

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu

not easy

This response submitted by newbirdman on 11/8/04 at 5:17 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.70

Joe , this isnt any easy project . Even a lot of pro's wouldnt do a wall mount . You best bet is to just skin it and tan the skin and save it that way . If you've never mounted anything before , then you in for a surprise . Freeze the snake until you decide what to do as the belly skin will rot before the rest of it does . Rick

wall mount

This response submitted by wetnwild on 11/8/04 at 1:59 PM. ( ) 24.128.109.191

As Rick stated, if your not an experienced taxidermist, you are in way over your head to do a wall mount. Most taxis that would do it incluyding myself would charge a minimun of about 600-700.00 for a wall mount of a 5 footer. Best off as suggested buy a Rittels snake tan kit, and tan the skin as a wall hanger if you can afford the taxiderrmist pricing

isnt that what he wanted?

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/8/04 at 4:55 PM. ( ) 67.138.14.67

Im no snake guy, but I was under the impression he wanted to tan the skin and wall mount the skin?

Yes, that's what I meant.

This response submitted by Joseph on 11/10/04 at 5:08 PM. ( ) 68.51.109.246

Sorry, what I meant was that I needed directions on skinning my snake...then I will hang the skin on the wall. My bad for not being specific enough. Thanks.

Return to Reptile Taxidermy Category Menu