lutan-f

Submitted by Dan on 8/21/00. ( ) 152.163.188.67

I tan 2 hides at a time with lutan and have good results, My question is; do I have to dump that solution to tan the next 2 hides. Any input would be appreciated.

Return to Category Menu

lutan-f

This response submitted by Craig on 8/22/00. ( craig@dashlink.com ) 208.24.232.151

Dan,

I believe that you would be better off dumping the solution and mix up a new batch. As I understand lutan-f it is used in relation to the weight of the skins. Part of the chemicals bind to the skins to create the tan. If the lutan-f has to be mixed in the proper ratio in relation to weight you would not have any way to tell how much more lutan-f to use to matain this ratio. To be safe and have a good tan I would dump it out and start over.

P.S. I have never taned anything (yet) nor have I mounted anything (yet). I found the information in past postings on these forums and in some videos I picked up from WASCO. Maybe someone that has used lutan-f can provide information about what you can do with lutan-f.

Craig

Dan, can we be of assistance?

This response submitted by Dave Crookall / SENTRY/BASF on 8/22/00. ( sentry@ptd.net ) 204.186.172.57

Dan,
Your question is a good one in light of current discussions on the environment and waste liquors in septic systems.

If you would like us to work with you to develope a test method for LUTAN FN˘ in solution, just contact us by E-Mail or call our 800# at 868-1454.

This same offer goes to all suppliers to the Txidermy profession.

Return to Category Menu