Who tans elk skins hair-off

Submitted by Brian Estes on 9/9/00. ( briane18@webtv.net ) 209.240.220.181

I need a hair-off tanery. Please let me know of someone who specializies in this field.
I need it quick but I want a good job as well. Thanks B.

I also need a Marino sheep tanned or wet tanned.

Return to Category Menu

Only Post a ? Once

This response submitted by George Roof on 9/9/00. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.69

Brian,
Not being smart, but when you post twice, it ties up needless computer space. Most of us read the "RECENT" icon only anyway and it includes all postings.

Now for your question. I use Quil Ceda Tanning in Marysville WA for all my hair off tanning. This is the only place I've found where you will get back the hide you sent them instead of one of "equal size". The phone # is (360) 659-1333.

Your sheep may be a problem. Very few tanneries accept new customers on barnyard type sheep and those that do are reluctant to comb them as much as they need.

Give this one a try!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 9/9/00. ( rittel@ici.net ) 207.180.0.8

For the Sheepskins give Bucks County Fur Products in Quakertown, PA a call! They do a lot of Sheep and the long Wooly stuff. George was right - you need someone who will do a good job combing such skins! By the way - they also tan your skins using Rittels EZ-100, so your skins will also be washable! Their # is (215) 536-6614.

Bruce Rittel
Rittels Tanning Supplies

PS - For leather!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 9/9/00. ( rittel@ici.net ) 207.180.0.8

For leather I like Quil-Ceda too! George is right - They do a great job!

try "uber glove"

This response submitted by Paco Taco III on 11/3/01. ( pacotaco3@hotmail.com ) 216.243.126.141

Uber glove.com Uber Glove co. 308 Evans Owattona, MN 55060

Return to Category Menu