Commercial Tannery?

Submitted by Shane P. on 9/29/00. ( riverbottomstaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 216.240.78.42

With whitetail season upon us here in Southern Illinois I have decided to try a commercial tannery for the first time. I have looked in the archives and in the tannery listings on this site, but was hoping to get more input from other taxidermists who have experience with some of the tanneries in the midwest. Any information concerning names and location, actual turn around time and quality of work would be appereciated.

Return to Category Menu

Arlington Cape

This response submitted by Chuck M on 9/29/00. ( ) 63.251.176.140

I've used Arlington Cape in NW Ohio for a couple deer hides. Nice tan, no holes. I'm still kind of a newbie, so I had a lot of questions and Keith was able to help me a lot. Plus he gave me great feedback on the hides I sent him. I'll definetly use them again. You might want to call and ask for his current turn around times. Keith Daniels, Arlington Cape, (419) 365-5321.

K & K Tannery

This response submitted by Gary Kies on 9/29/00. ( gdkies@dmci.net ) 216.93.118.129

Riverbottom Taxidermy: We are located in southern Michigan near the Ohio, Indiana, Michigan border. We use Rittel's EZ100 tan and are very satisifed with the results. We are a family owned business and take great pride in our work. We have a taxidermist in house and know the results from start to finish. We can also provide references. If you think we could be of service to you, e-mail us your address and we will send you our brochure.

SIVKO FUR INC. (607)698-4827

This response submitted by PAUL P on 10/1/00. ( sivkofur@aol.com ) 64.12.97.7

Hello we are a tannery tanning for the taxidermy industry. We have over 40 years of experience and are located in Western New York. We have a 6-8 week turn around on wet and dry tans. We produce a soft, supple and stretchy skin perfect for the taxidermist. We tan all American and African skins including all heavy skins. References are available upon request. If you need a price list or have any questions feel free to e-mail or call us.
sivkofur@aol.com Phone (607)698-4827
SIVKO FUR INC. 3089 route 119 Canisteo NY 14823
Thanks for your time and I hope we can help you

Return to Category Menu