Formeldehyde alternative ?

Submitted by rob on 11/18/00. ( ) 195.92.194.47

For years now i have been using formeldehyde to inject my birds feet to pump them up and also a drop on the eyes to lock the eye lid in place,giving that it is not a very nice chemical i was wondering what alternatives there are available.and what drawbacks if any are there with the alternatives. Many thanks in advance Rob.

Return to Category Menu

Yes! It is available!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 11/18/00. ( rittel@ici.net ) 207.180.0.8

It is availble - we carry it here at Rittels Tanning Supplies. It does everything Formaldehyde does - and uses the same doage and formulas - but - it is not a carcinigen and does not cause cancer like Formaldehyde! Click on our name in this response and go to our website for prices.

Rob

This response submitted by Marc on 11/18/00. ( CapeFearTaxidrmy@aol.com ) 152.163.188.225

The product Bruce is referring to is called Preservz-It or PI-641, and I highly recommend it. Just my two-cents! Marc

Works GREAT!

This response submitted by Bob C on 11/20/00. ( bobswildlife@aol.com ) 152.163.188.1

Rob, Bruce's preserves-it works great. I've used it alot and I believe it works as well as formaldehyde. It actually smells kinda good ! Dont tell Bruce I said that, your still not suppose to smell the vapors.Like all of Bruces stuff, its the best !

Return to Category Menu