POTASSIUM ALUM ?

Submitted by DARRELL JOYNER on 12/3/00. ( DARRELLJ112557@AOL.COM ) 64.12.97.8

HAS ANYBODY EVER USED POTTASSIUN ALUM PASTE FOR TANNING?
I HAVE SOME HIDES I AM TANNING AND THE P/A METHOD SEEMS TO BE WORKING.
I JUST CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ON USING THIS PASTE. I ORDERED SOME
TANNING SOLUTION FROM VAN DYKES AND POTASSIUM ALUM IS WHAT THEY SENT
ME THE INSTRUCTIONS TELLS ME HOW TO PREPAIR THE HIDE AND HOW TO MAKE
THE PASTE. I FOLLOWED THESE INSTRUCTIONS STEP BY STEP AND IT SEEMS
TO BE WORKING. BUT IF YOU LOOK UP ON THE NET ALL THE INFO ABOUT
POTASSIUM ALUM SHOWS EVERYTHING BUT HIDE TANNING.

THE LAST SIKA HIDE I TANNED I USED A CLEAR SOLUTION THAT I GOT
FORM A LOCAL TAXIDERMY SHOP. AND ALL I DID WAS SOAK IT FOR A COUPLE
OF WEEKS AND IT CAME OUT PERFECT. THAT SHOP NO LONGER IS IN BUSINESS.

Return to Category Menu

Stop SHOUTING

This response submitted by George Roof on 12/3/00. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.230

Darrell,
It's extremely hard to read when you don't shift your "CAP" key to lower case and it violates the rules of this site in case you didn't bother to read them.

WOW

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 12/4/00. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.145.166.204

WOW that was nasty but I liked it. LOL But it's true. I guess he thinks we can't read the fine print. Getting old huh?

You're right, Frank

This response submitted by George on 12/4/00. ( ) 152.163.188.230

And I apologize for having a senior moment, but it just doesn't make sense. Some people come on here and just start typing. In 2 days we had 2 requests for deer aging data when all the person needed to do was look under RECENT and it would have already been there or certainly, by hitting the SEARCH button it could have been readily found. How about the 3 entries looking for a tiger rug? Or 3 fake entries looking to discuss the migratory bird laws? Ken has done a super job assisting the intellectually challenged in navigating the site and they still screw it up.

K-alum effects

This response submitted by Wardawgwv on 3/18/01. ( ) 157.182.114.99

I am researching K-alum on the net and found your post. It is the chemical name for deodorant stone, which is supposed to inhibit bacteria growth. I am not into taxidermy, but perhaps that could be helpful?

peace out, solidarity......

Return to Category Menu