Pickling?

Submitted by Gordon on 12/25/00. ( ) 216.79.54.169

I've used the DP method for several years now, and with very good success. However, I've been looking at the liqua-tan option and it seems very practical and somewhat simple. In reading the instructions, when it comes time to the step of pickling; it says that this step is optional but recommended. My question is: how important is the pickling process? and What may happen if I skip this step?

Return to Category Menu

Your hide may not tan completly.

This response submitted by John C on 12/25/00. ( ) 208.44.115.110

I know several guys that do pickle with different acids all get really great results with acid pickle and LIQA-TAN I also know of several that have tried to skip the pickle and had hides slip. I would go with the PICKLE if I use LIQA-TAN./

Pre tan or acid pickle

This response submitted by Mark on 12/26/00. ( knoblochs@worldnet.att.net ) 12.86.1.174

We recommend that you do use one of two different pickles. You can use the acid pickle or Pre tan #110 soak then tan. Yes the liqua tan will work on a green skin but you do need to try and shave or thin it. We do have a free booklet with other options in it if your or anyone would like it. Email me at Knoblochs@worldnet.att.net
or go to our website at www.knoblochs.com

Mark
Knoblochs Chemical Co
303-666-9045

Return to Category Menu