Tanning coyote and bobcat

Submitted by Henry on 1/12/00. ( ) 199.174.150.93

I have ordered the ez-100 tanning kit to tan a coyote and a bobcat for mounting. I do not own a tumbler. Is it possible to get good results without tumbling? What is the best way to dry the skin after tanning? Can I mount the skin if it is damp?

Return to Category Menu

Tanning bobcat and coyote

This response submitted by Larry on 1/13/00. ( hidebeak@cpinternet.com ) 209.240.224.226

I figured someone else would answer your questions by now, but since they didn't, here goes. Yes, you can get good results without using a tumbler. If you want to dry a skin after tanning, for garments for example, just squeeze out as much moisture as possible, and hang the skin to air dry. Now to your last question, "can I mount a skin if it is damp"? This really surprised me as you should always mount a skin when it is damp. That's how you get the stretch and are able to "mold it" to a form. I suggest you do some more research on the subject and ask more questions on the forum. Hope this helps. If you'd like a copy of our catalog, visit our web site (guest book) at www.hidebeak.com, or call 1-800-777-7916, and ask for one.

Return to Category Menu