Iodized salt

Submitted by Ron Philippo (from the Netherlands) on 2/22/00. ( R.Philippo@12move.nl ) 195.240.223.214

Can some one tell me the problems I will encounter when using iodized salt (so far its the only type i can obtain in Holland).
Thanks in advance
Ron

Return to Category Menu

Iodized salt

This response submitted by Larry on 2/22/00. ( hidebeak@cpinternet.com ) 209.240.224.226

Ron:
I'm not sure what problems iodized salt might cause in various taxidermy applications. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this. My reason for responding is to suggest a few places you might find non-iodized salt that you may not have considered. If you haven't already done so, you might try looking for it where they sell salt for water softeners, places that sell feed for livestock, or where they sell salt for ice cream makers.

No Problem

This response submitted by Keith Daniels on 2/22/00. ( arlcape@bright.net ) 209.143.26.38

Ron, if you can't get non-iodized, don't worry about it, it won't affect you in any way, it's just more expensive.

salt

This response submitted by rick on 2/22/00. ( statewildlife@aol.com ) 205.188.208.103

the amount in salt will not effect you although iodized salt in
a higher % will or may darken the leather. this is from my chemist

Return to Category Menu