What`s the best way

Submitted by BDRAKE on 2/10/01. ( ) 140.254.112.62

to do the final detail fleshing around the face, lets see some opinions here! whats the best method?

Return to Category Menu

With a FLESHING MACHINE.

This response submitted by John C on 2/10/01. ( ) 208.44.115.60

I can run the eye lids and lips on the Eager Beaver, have also done it on occasion with the old RAW HIDE. Never was able to run the detail with the VanDyke. One in a while I will do the face with a scalpel, tried the bird wheel last week, works but is slow.

Skife knife

This response submitted by Wayne S. on 2/10/01. ( hbtaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 207.144.251.14

I don't know if it's the best way, everyone has there own way, but I use a skife knife for all my finish fleshing on the face.Wayne

I`ve

This response submitted by BDrake on 2/11/01. ( ) 140.254.112.214

Been using razor blades, I bought a used fleshing wheel but I`ll have to buy a new wheel for it or have the old one sent out. I would like to find a way that was`nt so time consuming...the satisfaction always comes when the job is done!

facial fleshing

This response submitted by Tim on 2/12/01. ( ) 204.136.184.34

Been doing it the same way for about twelve years.I use a small trappers pocket knife.I stretch the eye tight over a light bulb and get after it.As far as the lips go,I use a skife knife.I do the nostrils on my finger using the small pocket knife.Good Luck.
P.S. Make sure your skin is not real wet.This makes fleshing tough.

Return to Category Menu