Chemical question

Submitted by Bobbi Meyer on 2/26/01. ( bmeyer@iland.net ) 216.74.200.84

This question has probably been asked before, but I've searched the archives and haven't found a specific answer.
I used Liqua-tan to tan my first deer and was pretty satisfied with the results, but I've read so many good things about Lutan-F that I'm considering using it the next time ( ok,ok, I like to experiment) my question is, when I used the Liqua-tan I also ordered Basacryl NBKU, Pretan #110, Kemal-4, Protex presoak...etc..etc. Mixed all the chemicals according to instructions given by Sallie Dahmes in one of the Breakthrough magazines ( which unfortunately, I've since misplaced)
I'm wondering what type of pickling and bug proofing agents I can use with the Lutan-F. Saftee Acid? Knobloch's products? help help!
I don't mind spending the money on the chemicals, but if there is a easier way that doesn't require all the above mentioned items could ya fill me in?
Thanks in advance!

Return to Category Menu

Just a thought!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 2/27/01. ( rittel@ici.net ) 207.180.0.8

If you're really concerned with bug-proofing, here's a thought for you. Bugs hate eating Formaldehyde, or for for that matter, any aldehyde material (like our Rittels Preservz-it), so if its bug-proofing youre concerned about, use a Saftee Acid pickle, and then follow it after neutralization with a Preservz-it presoak and tan with Lutan F. Its a simple and easy procedure with no complicated and extra products needed. Need a free formula for this procedure - simply click on my name here and E-mail me - Rittels. I cant E-Mail it to you but give me your mailing address and we'll be gald to send it out via the US Postal service.

Return to Category Menu