Auto Tanner Questions?

Submitted by Gary on 3/1/01. ( gsc@crcom.net ) 208.234.65.78

Considering purchasing an Auto Tanner but I'm a little skeptical. I don't understand how you can successfully tan a hide while omitting the salting and pickling stages but this is what the manufacturers of the Auto Tanner claim. Can this be true? Can you successfully tan a green unsalted unpickled hide in just 3 hours? If anyone out there is currently using an auto tanner, I would really appreciate your feedback as to the performance of this machine and the longevity of the tan. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Return to Category Menu

I have used one since they first came out.

This response submitted by John C on 3/1/01. ( ) 208.44.115.38

Simply follow the instructions that come with them.

Use the seaarch button on the left, there are many, many post.

I prefer ten ounces of crystalls for two hour shave and run them for another thirty minutes.

Me too and I wouldn't want to go back.......

This response submitted by Kristoph on 3/1/01. ( skinme2@aol.com ) 152.163.188.8

to work without it. Like John Stated, just follow the instructions or go with one of the other tans available for use in the tanner. There's tons of info in the archives on this..check it out

Autotanner

This response submitted by MarkV. on 3/1/01. ( fishspec30@centurytelnet ) 207.230.196.71

I have had mine for little over a year. It is true you can fully tan a deer cape in 3 hrs. I wouldn't go back to the old method. A true time and money saver that I highly recommend. MarkV.

Autotanner

This response submitted by Kent P on 3/2/01. ( racksnfinstax@hotmail.com ) 216.163.21.37

Gotta go along with the rest. I've had mine for a couple years,and wouldn't trade it for anything! And yes Bill, I still do bear hides in the "can tanner" lol. Go for it Gary, you won't be sorry. Kent P.

Return to Category Menu