auto tanner

Submitted by Dan on 5/29/01. ( arktrapper@aol.com ) 205.188.208.71

just wanted to know if anyone has had good luck w/an automatic tanner and if it will make a hide soft enough for a rug or wall hanging. or is this tanner a waste of time/money.
Thanks Dan

Return to Category Menu

Auto Tanner

This response submitted by RickJ on 5/29/01. ( ) 216.74.196.2

Yea, they do a good job, but I don't think you'll ever get a rug as soft as the tannery. I can't anyway. They sure do speed up tanning and can save some "iffy" capes though. ...Rick

Auto tanner

This response submitted by Kent Palazzo on 5/30/01. ( racksnfinstax@hotmail.com ) 12.37.10.19

Dan, I've had great luck with my autotanner. Rick is right, about the questionable skins. Saved a few that were starting to turn green when I received them from the customer and they came out fine. As far as rugs go, I've added a twist and it works super! Tan your skin and tumble in sawdust. Oil the hide well, hang the skin let it dry completely. Put back in tumbler with crushed stone/gravel. You will be pleased at how nice of a job it does. Good Luck, Kent

Yep have done them and will never be without a Autotanner.

This response submitted by John C on 5/30/01. ( ) 208.44.115.22

I was possibly on of the first to buy one, its great. If I was doing rug work I would build a large fur drum to go with it. Mater of fact am currently thinking of buying a second one.

autotanner

This response submitted by jason on 6/2/01. ( jb1199@beanstock.net ) 198.31.96.126

I well sell you mine.It is 1 1/2 years old it works great. I don't do much work and don't need it. asking 750.00plus shiping or might take a parchel trade . thingks Jason

Return to Category Menu