I was wondering if you tan a coon hide, do you have to mount it right away or can it be froze until ready? this is going to be my first attempt to tan something and i don't want to buy the $40 manikin in case something goes wrong, but if you can't freeze it after everything goes okay, i won't be able to wait to order it then. Does this make sence?
Return to Category Menu
Have frozen many of them over the years and will freeze somemore when needed. They may dry a little but will readily soak up and rehydrate when needed.
What steps should I take after it is tanned and frozen and then thawed again to be mounted?
what else would there be.