cream tan ,or not cream tan

Submitted by piney chick on 7/26/01. ( ) 152.163.189.72

I have tried several methods for tanning hydes in the shop.
I tried Rhienhart's Cream Tan. This seem to be an easy and affordable
method. Does anybody have any suggestions or comments? Thanks

Return to Category Menu

Used another brand once...

This response submitted by CUR on 7/27/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.143

An associate talked me into using a cream tan once about 25 years ago. The product may have been Curatan, but I don't remember having to use a pre-pickle with it. It seemed greasy to me, and I only used it on a couple of swamp rabbits and a couple of rodents, if I remember correctly. The skins felt "funny" to me, but it all worked out all right, I guess. I have not used the product you mentioned, although I would imagine most were similar. I never re-ordered the stuff, whatever it was. The mounts I did with the cream tan are still in a museum to this day, so all was well, I suppose.

Cream Tan

This response submitted by stoney on 7/29/01. ( ) 129.176.151.121

I am just getting started in the taxidermy business and the only tanning procedure I have used is Rhienharts cream tan. It seems to work great.

Cream Tan

This response submitted by Brad on 7/31/01. ( bgcorn@sitestar.net ) 208.25.240.132

I have been using Rhienharts cream tan for 5 years.I have found that it works the best for me. Saves time easy to use.

Return to Category Menu