What is the easiest way to get started?

Submitted by Carl on 9/16/01. ( TeamSchneider@juno.com ) 64.111.183.227

My sons and I are excited to learn how to preserve a hide, but we know nothing about it. So, I'm asking questions. Any advice?

Return to Category Menu

2 things!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 9/16/01. ( rittel@mindspring.com ) 165.247.5.12

2 things! Contact suppliers like myself for free information and search the archieves here for information! WASCO has created a wealth of information on this subject, by providing these Forums. Simply click onto "Search" and type in a search on a particular subject. It will keep you reading for days. Also - Go to our website at: http://Rittelsupplies.net

And - you can also contact me at Rittel@mindspring.com and request our free Pricelist and a copy of our EZ Tanning Kit instructions.
Simply E-Mail me your US Postal mailing address.

Bruce Rittel
Rittels Tanning Supplies

Listen to Bruce

This response submitted by Jim P. on 9/17/01. ( ) 63.124.151.50

Do yourself a favor and do as Bruce says. My recommendation is to get the EZ100 tanning kit to get you started. Comes with everthing you need except salt and vinegar and instructions anyone can follow. It will produce beautiful tanned hides you will be proud to hang on your wall or mount. Go for it.

Video

This response submitted by Randall on 9/19/01. ( ) 209.240.220.218

I would start with a good video on skinning, turning, splitting ,fleshing and salting a cape. I like the one by McKenzies . Someone else can also give you there choice. Hope this helps. Randall

Starting Up Tannery

This response submitted by Raymond Tumao on 10/12/01. ( judeanauto@yahoo.com ) 203.167.69.8

Where can buy in the Philippines or Hong Kong the EZ100 Starter Kit for tanning? How much does it cost to ship via UPS, DHL or other couriers to the Philippines in case there is none for sale in Asia?
TKS

Return to Category Menu