One hour tan users

Submitted by Lance on 10/5/01. ( ) 198.209.35.1

I appreciated the responses from the previous post, but only one had used it (and that didn't sound good). I think the advertisement in Breakthrough Magazine states over 2000 taxidermists, including national and world competition winners, are using it. Are any of you out there and feel like commenting? I saw that the maker of it had did a demo at the national show so someone must have tried it. Why would he be allowed to give a demo if it is doesn't have at least some credibility? Or, is this just false advertising? Somewhat confused, Lance

Return to Category Menu

Didn't say I hadn't tried it....

This response submitted by CUR on 10/5/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.209.243

I said it didn't work. I said that those quickie products have come and gone for years. The types I tried just don't work!

Check out

This response submitted by CUR on 10/5/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.209.243

Check out the post on 10-02-01 about proper salting and the use of instant tan. better still, go to the archives<<<<<<<(over there) and type in "One hour tans". The products have been around in one form or another for years. There is "Curatan", "Dixietan", "Trappers Tanning Oil","E-Z Tan", "Syn-Oil", and old thing called "Lecuatan"....and a host of others. None actually tan a hide.

Try this if you have it. Mix equal amounts of oxalic and tannic acid crystals in water. Make a paste and smear it on a green hide. Leave for one hour. Remove.......Feels like leather, doesn't it? It ain't.
Take a green hide. Make a paste from laundry detergent and salt. Apply this to the green hide. Let sit for two hours, remove and rinse. Feels like leather again, right? It ain't leather either.

Check the archives.

Return to Category Menu