citric acid

Submitted by derslayr on 1/4/02. ( ) 162.40.69.108

I have a question on the citric acid you can buy from all these supply companies. I use citric acid in my pickle bath and the suppliers price for 5lbs. is pretty high anywhere from $19.00 to $25.00 my local co-op has 50lb bag of citric acid for $55.00 is this the same stuff they sell and just raise the prices 100% or is it totally different stuff.this is the only acid bath that i have used and then i use john Rinehart tanning cream. Is this pretty good stuff or is there something better and maybe a little less expensive for acid baths.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Same stuff.

This response submitted by John C on 1/4/02. ( ) 208.44.115.161

Few feed stores carry it, but yes look at the label it is possibly the same stuff, check purity and % strength.

Citric Acid

This response submitted by Skip on 1/6/02. ( ) 165.189.41.11

I use to use the citric acid bath and the tanning cream from Rineharts. But the P.H. levels were hard for me to keep under control in the citric acid bath. And I felt that the tanning cream shrinks the cape some what. I know use Saftee Acid the P.H. does not go up and down easer to control I also use Lutan F for my tanning and have had great results using both. Give it a try.

electropolishing stainless steel

This response submitted by arthur j. guidi on 02/08/2003. ( chemcut@aol.com ) 64.12.96.79

does anyhone have a formula using citric acid as a component in aelectropolishing solution for atainelss steel. if so what strength citric acid.

Return to Tanning Category Menu