Large Whitetail Doe

Submitted by trexels_woman on 1/7/02. ( ) 67.211.78.169

I have a whitetail doe cape that my taxidermy teacher has said to use EZ tan by [a supply company] on. So far, he has not seemed to know what he's doing very well. He was trying to tell us what to do, and he said he's never even done it. (This is not a taxidermy school, it's a club, where we do this stuff for fun.) I don't know about this tan. It seems like it is too iffy. I've always been told to use a liquid tan and a pickle. He says this is too much work.

~Liz~

Return to Tanning Category Menu

More:

This response submitted by trexels_woman on 1/7/02. ( ) 67.211.78.169

I forgot to put the question:

What do you recommend? I know Bruce Rittel has an EZ Tan out. Is this a dry tan, and do you need a pickle with it?

What gives the best results on a low-budget, self-mount, non-professional thing? (I really don't care for it to rot, considering is is the largest doe I've ever gotten.)

Once again,
~Liz~

DRY TAN by POOPHEAD SUPPLY COM.

This response submitted by John C on 1/7/02. ( ) 208.44.115.162

Dry tan is not a tan, it is a dry preservitive. Not any beetr than other on the market. From time to imte I have to use DP, my choise is Touchstone's BESS MAID. it at lest has some moth flakes in it, ti help.

Other wise I go with a real tan of some sort.

Ditto

This response submitted by Frank E. Kotula on 1/8/02. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.133.144.173

I wouldn't use any of that @$$!^!&*&%* company stuff if it was the last one to use.

Here is what you should do, check out these sites or e-maol them.
Mark from Knobloch's
or
Bruce Rittel's site

Both have a ton of info and kits that you will be able to buy for a fair price.

Return to Tanning Category Menu