Lutan-f /Rhinehart tanning cream

Submitted by Kim on 1/18/02. ( ) 205.200.254.118

Is there any difference between the two tanning solutions.
Not sure which one to try or which is easier?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Yes, big differences.

This response submitted by John C on 1/18/02. ( ) 208.44.115.61

Any tanning cream will work. Just be sure to pickle the hide first. you then apply the tanning cream, I don t use John Rhineharts because I dont like the man, but that personal.

Once you apply the cream and it soaks into the hide, you are done tanning mostly.

Lutan-f has to measured per wet drained hide weight and watched so not to over tan. The you OIl and can mount after a period to let the oil soak in or dry it and tumble for a true leather type hide.

Rinehart, EEEEAASSSSSYYYYY

This response submitted by SOB on 1/18/02. ( ) 208.23.113.132

With Rinehart here is what you do. 1. Salt 2. Re-salt 3. Shave 4. Wash 5. Apply Cream Tan. It's just that easy. And there is no worry with this product. I have mounts that are 6-8 maybe 10 years old that look as they did the day I mounted them. Mark

SOB

This response submitted by Chris R. on 1/18/02. ( ) 65.68.100.167

Is that really all you do? I use lutan and I'm doing a lot more steps than what you just said. By-the-way, what mix do you use to rehydrate after the final salting? Thanks, CR

easier then that, really

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/18/02. ( ) 64.12.96.166

Lutan is tanning, regardless of how many steps. Cream tans are NOT true tans, as simple as that. Thats not a short cut I would take.

Return to Tanning Category Menu