Submitted by mark on 1/31/02. ( )

where can a person find a ph testor besides litmus paper

Return to Tanning Category Menu

PH tester

This response submitted by Dan K on 1/31/02. ( )

One or two of the suppliers still carry them. I believe WASCO is one of them, but not sure without looking. I got mine for $38.60 from a place called Lab Safety. Can be looked up on line at
Dan K


This response submitted by Larry on 2/1/02. ( )

type in PH meter.

Hanna Instruments

This response submitted by Leah on 2/1/02. ( )

Mark, I ordered mine right from the company. I think I payed $29.00 for it. They're out of Woonsocket, RI- Phone # is: 401-765-7500. I ordered mine online, they offer a better selection than the supply companies.


This response submitted by Tim on 2/1/02. ( )

I got mine from Rittles.I think I paid 45.00 for it.They also sell calibration solution.Click on th hyperlink.

I choose litmus paper

This response submitted by Pete Spacek on 2/1/02. ( )

I also purchased a pH meter from Graingers for about $70. I still use it but for a quick check, I prefer the litmus paper. The pH meter needs to kept calibrated and the electrode must be cleaned nearly after every use, prefferably with destilled water, otherwise you may cause damage to the unit. Using the litmus paper is cheap (inexpensive), instant, and you just throw the used strip away.


Return to Tanning Category Menu