What to do next?

Submitted by Tate on 5/27/02. ( ) 67.97.109.242

Hello,I hope somebody can help me with a decision.I'm new to tanning and not real sure what to do.I'm thinking about buying an aoudad hide and tanning it myself.The problem is that the animal was killed around 6 months ago and the seller said that the hide has been salted and dried(he left it at that).I'm going to be using Lutan-F and read that if I follow the direction's I should be fine.My question is what should I do to the hide after I get it and what to do to get it ready for the pickle.He want's 25 bucks for it is that reasonable.Thanks for the time.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Salted and dried, send it to a tannery.

This response submitted by John C on 5/27/02. ( ) 64.216.172.68

Aoudads can be very greasy and hard to comb out.

How much would....

This response submitted by Tate on 5/27/02. ( ) 67.97.108.27

it cost to send this hide to a tannery.I live in Texas,do you know a good tannery down here.Thanks again.

A Quality Tan

This response submitted by Quality Fur Dressing LLC on 5/28/02. ( qualfur@prodigy.net ) 209.254.206.77

We are a wholesale tannery located in Spring, TX (just N of Houston). The owner has been in the business for over 20 yrs. We have many reference such as Woodbury. Give us a call @ 281-292-2206 or look us up right here under tanneries.

Lutan F

This response submitted by Lloyd on 5/29/02. ( ) 142.165.211.167

You must wash all the salt out of hide.Then mix your lutan f out per instructions and let hide soak for about a week turning and swishing every day?..Lloyd

Return to Tanning Category Menu