Fleshing machine

Submitted by aaron on 5/4/02. ( ) 205.188.209.103

Looking to buy a fleshing machine. There are quite a few on the market and I was interested in hearing some opinions about different brands of fleshers. I was looking at aFrontier 3, Eager Beaved, and a few other brands. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Fleshing machines

This response submitted by MarkV. on 5/4/02. ( Mn.Taxidermist@centurytel.net ) 207.230.196.175

We recently purchased a new Fleshing machine after owning a Rawhide for 17 years. We bought a Capemaster from Arlington cape in Ohio. I must say it is a very high quality machine. Its simple design allows you to set it up on any workspace you want plug it in and flesh.The blade can be changed within a couple minutes. It is well worth a look at if your loking for a high quality machine. Keith Daniels at Arlington cape went out of his way to accomodate us. We actually went to the tannery and learned how to set it up and he demonstrated how to use it. I don't think you will find that kind of service from any other manufacturer.We have had it about a month now and it has proven to be a great piece of equipment.Just my take on a great product. Good luck, MarkV.

same here

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 5/5/02. ( ) 66.109.131.152

while I did not get to go to Keith's shop to learn how to use it, he made me a video. The capemaster is what I feel is the best fleshing macchine made. 2 bearings, quiet, smooth and well made. I started shaving my deer the day I received it and have yet to cut but a few very small holes in a hide. I routinely shave the lip, eye and nose skin on it with no problems. Now if I can just get better at sharpening the blades! Capemaster = well worth the money

Dave

Return to Tanning Category Menu