Tannery ?

Submitted by Bill on 07/30/2002. ( ) 152.163.189.102

I'm Looking for some info on Est Coast Tannery. They sound like real nice guys but I relly want to here about their work. I do about 20 bear per year and 75-100 deer and would like to keep my skins here in PA. Feed back would be great.

Thanks in advance
Bill

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Excellent Tannery

This response submitted by Bob on 07/30/2002. ( stuffer54@yahoo.com ) 67.208.130.64

I have used them for African skins and I think they do a great job.

<><><> THE BEST AROUND <><><>

This response submitted by EARL on 07/30/2002. ( ANT/TAX ) 68.82.184.45

Out of all the tannery's in 15 + years of taxidermy these guy's have been top notch all the way..I personally think the tanning is superb..good stretch,shaved nicely,shrinkage isn't even noticeable. Punched / marked / labeled and packed the best I have seen.It's a joy to get your tanning back..Earl
P.S. Eric & Joe 25% off my next tanning order, "YOU-OWE-ME"...Earl

Biased Opinions?

This response submitted by anonymous on 07/30/2002. ( ) 172.147.58.198

Personally i think you should get opinions from taxidermists who aren't buddy buddy with the owners.

<><> ANOTHER DORK <><>

This response submitted by EARL on 07/31/2002. ( ANT/TAX ) 68.82.184.45

Hey bill, ( Mr.Anonymous )has his head in his ____ along with his hands..I met them at a show and starting using them two years ago and as stated I think they are great.I guess because I know their names and crack a joke DORK thinks i'm friends..Their what you would call ,75 miles away friends ,see them twice a year call them a couple times and yea I consider them friends..You should have a good working relationship with your tannery if you can ,you never know when you will need a favor..Bill ,send them something to do and be your on judge..I just told you my thoughts on the tannery and couldn't pass on my thoughts about Mr. anonymous /no email /no name

they are great

This response submitted by JEM on 07/31/2002. ( ) 208.48.229.66

I'm not buddy's with them but can say that they have done excellent work for me.

you get what you pay for

This response submitted by CJ's Safari Taxidermy on 07/31/2002. ( ) 64.196.100.74

I don't worry about keeping in state, just the best product possible. I have never personally sent anything to E Coast, but have heard some not too good things about them. Distance shouldn't be a factor if you care about your customers. There are many tanneries out there. Be thourough and don't use someone just because they are close. Look at ads in your magazines & look for references. Good Luck

CJ, Get Real

This response submitted by George on 07/31/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.102

Sure, I'm "buddy buddy" with Erik and Joe, but then I feel like I'm buddy buddy with Rick Morgan. SO WHAT? In 45 years, I've "heard" bad things about most tanneries and I've HAD bad results periodically from ALL tanneries. I think you're being unfair to attempt in painting any tannery with a broad brush like you just did, especially since you "never personally sent anything to E Coast."

CJ, Get Real

This response submitted by George on 07/31/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.102

Sure, I'm "buddy buddy" with Erik and Joe, but then I feel like I'm buddy buddy with Rick Morgan. SO WHAT? In 45 years, I've "heard" bad things about most tanneries and I've HAD bad results periodically from ALL tanneries. I think you're being unfair to attempt in painting any tannery with a broad brush like you just did, especially since you "never personally sent anything to E Coast."

And BY THE WAY

This response submitted by George on 07/31/2002. ( ) 205.188.208.102

What is this crap, "you get what you pay for"? I've got price lists from half a dozen tanneries and their prices are no more than a few dollars difference at best. NOW, where is one supposed to go from there using your sage advice?

Im with CJ !

This response submitted by old shaver@yahoo.com on 07/31/2002. ( ) 63.172.136.218

I think CJ and the anynomous guy are right on point ! It was about six months ago, that I personally reshaved, some of there stuff ( mostly african )That looked like it had been shaved by a trainee. I dont know maybe they have improved since then. but who knows !

No Title

This response submitted by Tanning Police on 07/31/2002. ( ) 64.12.96.78

Didn't mean to step on any toes, Earl dont get your panties in a wad, that is very unprofessional of you to go around putting people down and calling them "dorks". Taxidermist shouldn't act like third graders. I have nothing in the world against East Coast, I was just making a simple suggestion to Bill that he should get multiple opinions, which I think he has by now. I could really care less where he sends his tanning, I'm sure Old Shaver don't either cause he'll probably end up shaving it anyways.

P.S Old Shaver, how about talking to the bossman about getting me 25% off the next order

Return to Tanning Category Menu