tannery for a hobbiest

Submitted by Tiffany on 08/05/2002. ( Lasergrl@aol.com ) 68.70.184.70

After going through the arcives, I could not find the correct answer to my question so here goes.

I have three deer capes that I need tanned. I live in Ohio. All the tanneries that I have found wont tan unless you have a taxidemy licence, or tax ID.
So doese anyone have any suggestions for a tannery that has a quick turnaround, what they charge for a cape?

Thank you all very much

Tiffany

Return to Tanning Category Menu

what tanneries do this

This response submitted by rick on 08/06/2002. ( newbirdman@aol.com ) 64.12.96.79

Tiffany , I have never had any tannery ask me for a license or tax I.D. # in over 30 years of doing this. Did you find your summer cape yet?

This response submitted by Tiffany on 08/06/2002. ( Lasergrl@aol.com ) 68.70.184.70

Some of the more "well known" tanneries wouldnt send me a price list through e-mail without it. Thanks to this post I found a few prospects.

I havent found that cape yet...

Tiffany

They should!

This response submitted by oldshaver on 08/13/2002. ( oldshaver@yahoo.com ) 67.97.109.213

I thought that all reputable tannerys made you produce a taxidermy license. Taxidermists can make a ckunk off change tanning flat hides for rugs. This is called not biteing the hands that are feeding you. If tanneries tan to a person off the street they usually charge at least 50% extra.

Return to Tanning Category Menu