Snake tanning question

Submitted by JW on 08/06/2002. ( chillywillies@mosquitonet.com ) 131.39.148.12

I was just wondering if Bruce Rittle's snake tan would still work on a rattlesnake skin thats been in my freezer for the last 13 years?
thanks for your time and have a great day JW

Return to Tanning Category Menu

THIRTEEN YEARS?

This response submitted by George on 08/06/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.136

Don't you EVER clean your freezer? LOL If it CAN be tanned, Bruce's stuff will do it, but I'd almost bet it's freezedried and possibly glued together by this time.

What you got to loose?

This response submitted by Superpig on 08/06/2002. ( ) 205.188.208.136

after 13 years in the freezer you might as well give it a try. If it works wonderful, if not well at least it won't be too bad of a loss and you'll have an answer too.

Snake skin tanning questions?

This response submitted by Trulen on 08/27/2002. ( feathersfeathers@netzero.net ) 66.81.141.174

I have a two rattle snake skins in the freezer, one just over 4' and the other right at 6'. I would like to clean and tann the skins, but I have no idea whare to start. I have been told to use salt and tannicacid and glyserine. But I still need more info as to how much and how to get started. The snakes are deheadded and frozen whole. Is there a place whare I can find step by setp instructions? If not can some one here help me?

Return to Tanning Category Menu