please help i want to get raccoonskin

Submitted by james on 08/30/2002. ( rebelsolger@yahoo.com ) 67.35.118.219

i want to catch a coon i want to know if i can make my own snares if i can can u tell me where to place these snares (please give detailed info on where a good place to set traps)
thank you
james

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Just go in a farmers

This response submitted by gotum on 08/31/2002. ( ) 216.127.204.65

Coons are everywhere latley, In Wisconsin skin prices have discouraged the trappers . I have shot 13 this year alone at the birdfeeder.

Farmers leave doors open and they go in the barn loft you'll find them in the grain elevators by the corn cribs in the combines ect.

Go ask a farmer more than likely they will tell you where they are.

uh

This response submitted by james on 09/01/2002. ( ) 67.35.114.232

no one ever answered my question how do i make snares or where to place them

Illegal in some states

This response submitted by gotum on 09/02/2002. ( ) 216.127.204.94

James you are better off to take a trapping class.

If I told you how , you'd get more than coons and foxes most likly cats and dogs there are some states where snares are banned exspecially the ones we made years ago.

There's more humane ways to trap. Check out a place called sullivans
in MN. there's alot of suppliers for trappers Also check with DNR about a trapping class and learn the legal way.

Illegal in some states

This response submitted by gotum on 09/02/2002. ( ) 216.127.204.94

James you are better off to take a trapping class.

If I told you how , you'd get more than coons and foxes most likly cats and dogs there are some states where snares are banned exspecially the kind we made years ago.

There's more humane ways to trap. Check out a place called sullivans
in MN. there's alot of other suppliers for trappers with video's and books.
Also check with DNR about a trapping class and learn the legal way.

do your self a favor

This response submitted by Eric on 09/03/2002. ( patti@syclone.net ) 63.189.144.113

and check local game laws , specifically trapping laws as things change often....i have found (through personal experience)that methods for trapping that i was taught, brought up on are no longer legal means of
taking, trapping targeted species....bottom line ignorance of the laws is no excuse....call you local DNR
Eric

then best would be a cage trap

This response submitted by trappersteph on 09/05/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.6

Still legal everywhere and coons go in them easily,and if you get a cat,just let it out,no having to pin it down and release and no dead cat like you would have with a snare or conibear.Bait the cage with fish or marshmallows and set where coons are known to be.Make sure you are liscenced to trap and have permission to trap where you will do it,and have a humane way of killing the coon.

If you really want to get started in trapping go to www.trapperman.com and go to the trap talk forum,register and start posting your questions.

How to trap a coon with out spending mone

This response submitted by Brandon on 01/02/2003. ( ) 205.188.209.6

you suggested on makeing a coon snare, i can't bee of any help on that but what i can tell you is the way i catch all mine. 1st i obtain a 50 gallon bucket. Place it on a solid smooth foundation or just fix it where it cant be tilted, then get a 2x4 or a tree limb and put it where the coon can walk up to the rim of the bucket. when sardine is placed at the bottom, the coon will jump in not nowing that there is no way to climb or jump out.

This response submitted by ANONYMOUS on 02/01/2003. ( ) 64.228.252.163

Oh !!

Return to Tanning Category Menu