Need a Tannery in Ohio or West Virginia

Submitted by George LaCross on 10/13/2002. ( glacross@pghmail.com ) 65.149.208.1

I have a customer that has take a buffalo and a goat to a tannery well over a year ago, they have not been touch as of yet. The question is to locate another tannery in Ohio or West VA. that he can send them to.I have a auto air tanner but the buffalo is too large for me to tackle.if anyone has a name I would Appreciate it.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Tannery

This response submitted by George on 10/13/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.198

George (what a terrible name, huh?), I've seen similar requests over the years and I have to ask the same question: "Why?" Why ask for a tannery "close to home" when the additional shipping to a great tannery might only be a few dollars more with the cost of the tan being the same. Buffalo, especially as you already know, are miserable to work with and if you can get one combed in the price, it's a heck of a deal. East Coast or Old Dominion aren't that far away from you, but there are other great tanneries just as close as that big brown truck.

George is right but.

This response submitted by Todd B on 10/13/2002. ( tddbuch@aol.com ) 152.163.188.198

There is a good tannery in Ohio so you will not need to send it that far. Arlington Cape is in Ohio. Keith Daniels is the owner. Although I have not used him I have seen some of his tanned capes at my State show. He is in the middle of the N. W. quarter of the state. Look for Findlay on I-75, then look just south of it on U S 68 & S. R. 103 his number is 1-(419)365-5321.

Todd B

Try us, you won't regret it!

This response submitted by Ariana on 10/25/2002. ( goldenstatetannery@hotmail.com ) 207.222.68.197

We are located in CA but we offer free return delivery amoung other services! Fell free to call me, ariana for more info or for a price book! We'll answer all your questions! 1st time customers get a 10% discount and trust me you'll be happy with your hides and so will your clients! Email me for more info, thanks!

Turnaround 60 to 75 working days, year round. Wet tan available at no extra charge (two weeks to complete). Lutan F used on all hides. Many skins hand-groomed, as well as machine groomed. Customer satisfaction, quality tanning, and fast turnaround are our main objectives.
(209) 668-1331

Return to Tanning Category Menu