wood alcohol?

Submitted by jke on 10/21/2002. ( ) 198.81.27.15

Cur,
I am trying to tan a fox and have no clue what I am doing but figure what the hell. Got to learn sometime right? I am planning on tanning this bad boy the way you told some British fellow to do to his cute little squirrel. I have an idea of what to do I just don't know what wood alcohol is. Where can I buy this stuff? Is it between the Jack and Bacardi or thinner and brushes? Or neither? This might be a stupid question, but as my mom always says, "There are no stupid questions son." Thanks for any help!

jke

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Your Mom wasn't a taxidermist, then. LOL

This response submitted by George on 10/21/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.209.9

Wood alcohol can be bought at Lowes, Hardware House, Home Depot and a multitude of other places. It no longer goes by that name however. It's called "Denature Alcohol", but that's not really a tanning solution. It's simply a topical preservative that locks in the hair follicles.

My Bad

This response submitted by George on 10/21/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.9

As soon as I put that, I knew it was technically flawed. DENATURED Alcohol is not exactly the same substance but works generally the same. METHANOL is more properly "Wood Alcohol"

What then LOL?

This response submitted by jke on 10/22/2002. ( ) 198.81.26.172

LOL,

How do you make a fox look presentable? I have always found that alcohol can make any girl look like a fox. So, I thought this method sounded the best. Why not? It works well in other arenas. Why not in the, take a dead animal and make it live forever arena? I am on the all rookie team and need to learn the plays. Any help would be cool. I am looking for cheap and easy (like my women) and wouldn't mind if it looked cool too.

Thanks Chief!

jke

to buy the stuff

This response submitted by duffy on 12/30/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.9

Now can you really buy wood alcohol or methanol anywhere or do you just get something that really close to it.
And how do they make that stuff too?

Return to Tanning Category Menu