Need hide clamps,can't find any

Submitted by STEVE on 01/12/2003. ( )

Does anyone know where i can purchase hide clamps or maybe theres a different name for them,i have 200 moose hides and about 900 deer hides to tan,dont feel like cutting holes and then lacing them to stretch

Return to Tanning Category Menu


This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/12/2003. ( )

Im slam here, but why would you have so many hides to tan, yet not know where to get the tools required? I believe they call them toggles or something like that, and theyre in the Van Dykes catalog. I sure dont envy you! Check out their catalog, and good luck to you!

They're called Toggles!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 01/12/2003. ( )

They are used to conveniently clip onto the leather and hold them out in a frame for drying! I also think Van Dykes has them. You have a lot of work ahead of you!

Return to Tanning Category Menu