krowtan update please/

Submitted by Ron V on 01/18/2003. ( ronv209@cs.com ) 64.12.96.198

I went to the archives to learn about krowtan 20000. There are several posts. Most from months ago. I would like to know if those people who responded back then would respond again with an update as to whether they feel the same about this product.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I do

This response submitted by PatrickR on 01/18/2003. ( patrickr@usa.com ) 12.220.113.230

Ron, I've tanned 3 WT capes with it so far and I love it. I'm ready to order more...PatrickR

Trying it now

This response submitted by Mike on 01/18/2003. ( astmo@epix.net ) 216.37.167.57

I'm in the process of trying it now. Will be shaving a deer cape tommorrow. So far so good. The only two things that I don't like about it for now is 1- It smells when mixing it, 2 - It's designed to tan one cape at a time. I usually like to do 10 a day. I asked Ozark Woods about multiple capes and they said that you can try to do two or more by doubling the mix per cape but your risking exposing all the capes to bacteria if one should be infested. Other than that I guess it would be good for the beginner or that late season single cape that comes in. I'll post tommorrow after I neutralize and shave.

The Smell, come on, lololol

This response submitted by JOhn C on 01/19/2003. ( ) 64.216.172.61

Gimminie, What do you expect, almost any chemical is going to have a smell. I would think if something does not have a smell it would not work.

I used Krowtann 2000 on several small mammals last summer and can say its the best thing I have found for small mammals, esp. FOX and Coyotes, great on BobCats but cats are tough anyway.

Deer I cannot tell you about, but I think it would work great.

56 and counting

This response submitted by wp on 01/21/2003. ( ) 165.121.225.181

have taned 56 capes with it so far this year,only problem is im out and need to order more.you can tan as many per day as you like to shave in a day i try to stagger them where only two per day will be ready for the final fleshing .its all up to you....

Return to Tanning Category Menu