Oklahoma Tannery needed

Submitted by John on 02/04/2003. ( jsmart@norman.k12.ok.us ) 164.58.68.3

I am looking for a tannery in the Oklahoma City area if posible.I will be having a number of cattle hides to do.Must be a soft tan.Thanks John

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Sorry

This response submitted by Kenneth on 02/04/2003. ( ) 65.64.66.252

There are no tanneries in Oklahoma. Try Texas or Missouri. You can talk them to numberous taxidermists in the state and they can process them for you.

Wrong Kenneth!

This response submitted by John C on 02/04/2003. ( ) 64.216.172.90

Dirty Creek Tannery

The Gormans own it. They just post here maybe yesterday

see

This response submitted by john c on 02/04/2003. ( ) 64.216.172.90

STILL GOING STRONG @ DCT
Submitted by Brent & Lisa Gorman on 02/03/2003. ( dirtycreek@hotmail.com ) 216.150.105.85
Hello Everyone,

Still going strong. Brent's been tanning and hardly finding time to talk. He's still glad to talk with anyone/everyone who calls. I hardly find time to get on the internet anymore, so it is best that you call if questions need to be answered. We will see you all at the World Show.

Lisa Gorman

Dirty Creek Taxidermy & Tannery
Brent Gorman
4020 E. 133rd St. So
Muskogee, Ok. 74403
918-989-5465

Wrong John!

This response submitted by Kenneth on 02/04/2003. ( ) 64.58.38.8

I personally know Brent and he does a lot of tanning on capes for mounting. Unless, I am mistaken, this person is interested in soft pliable hides. Brent specializes in wet tanning. I have known Brent for years and I have never heard of him doing this type of tanning. If the guy would have asked for commercial wet tanning, I would have suggested Brent. Now, if you are interested in a taxidermist to prep, salt and send off your hides to have them soft tan, then Brent would probably be happy to do this for you. But, I far I as know Brent does not do soft tanning in his shop. John, you can apologize now.

Kenny,Kenny,Kenny........

This response submitted by Lisa Gorman on 02/12/2003. ( dirtycreek@hotmail.com ) 216.150.107.240

Kenny,

Regardless if we do the tanning here (which we do) or send "some/very few" hides out on contract we go through a tannery that won't take hides from anyone but a taxidermist. They do not deal with the common person. However unless you know what were doing at all times it is best "being that your a friend,Kenny" to just alway recommend us because you know we are good at what we do in both Taxidermy and
Tanning. I would never tell anyone questioning if you mount fish "yes, but he contracts some of them out". Regardless, you mount fish. So, I really don't think John C (HI,see you at the world) owes you an apology. Just recommend us.... if we can't do the work we will be more than happy to explain it to the client ourselves. Then no one will have to apologize, huh.
P.S.Thanks John we received the cattle hide today. Business is good.

Lisa Gorman

Return to Tanning Category Menu