Tan quality follow-up

Submitted by Juli on 02/19/2003. ( wildthingstaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 12.21.211.20

Well, upon closer inspection I found that the wolf hide mentioned in the previous post had molded at some point. I know for a fact this happened at the tannery because it was dry when I shipped it. The mold is on the belly of the wolf from the anus to the armpits and has left a lot of discolored spots. Also it is quite apparent that the skin was improperly pickled, as is shown by the numerous round knife holes in the hide. Nor were the legs properly shaved - the knifer made two passes on each leg - that is all. I wish I had a digital picture so I could show better what the wolf looks like. I believe I am entitled to compensation since this wolf is the blue color phase - quite rare.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

L.O.L.

This response submitted by Roger on 02/20/2003. ( ) 24.220.125.241

have you read the tanners fine print. most of them state, tanning at owners risk, so good luck on any compenstion. have you used this tanner before, if so you might have a chance. don't use them again.

The Disclosure dont not cover poor quality workmanship.

This response submitted by John C on 02/20/2003. ( ) 64.216.172.90

It can only cover the condition of the hide itself.

A flesher butchering a hide has nothing to do the condition of the animals hide.

Many fleshers beleive that removing the trailing gaurd will help thier speed, not so!

We pay good money, just as hard earned as the people working at the tanneries earn.

Why should we expect less than top quality work?

Why should we have to put 4 or 5 hours sewing the hide up to mount it?

We already have enough sewing to do.

Return to Tanning Category Menu