Auto tanner question

Submitted by Steve on 01/22/2004. ( ) 66.52.247.27

Im sure this question has been asked several times.I checked the archives and found several different remarks.I have just purchased a used auto tanner and have some lutan f left over. What is the recipe to use this? Do you have to pickle first? Is it better to use the tanning crystals? Do you have to pickle first when using them? What is the recipe for tanning crystals? Any help would be GREAT!

Steve

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Steve

This response submitted by Jack F on 01/22/2004. ( wildexpressions2003yahoo.com ) 24.97.78.154

I'm not sure about the lutan f recipe but I think there is one out there. I do know that the tanning crystals that come with the machine work very well. I have tanned everything from fox to bears in mine and have had great results. I use the e-z 100 method with the crystals on all my white tail capes. I get great stretch and I like the way it makes the hair shine on my deer capes my opinion. You should contact Steve R. I don't have the number right now but maybe some one else will. Oh yeah you do not have to pickle first with the crystals. All you do is add 1 pound crystals to one gal. of hot water about 108 degree mix in the machine. Then place your fresh, fleshed and turned cape in the machine preasurize to 50 pounds set timer to just past two hours and walk away. When the two hours is done take the cape out shave and thin all that needs to be thinned. Place the cape back into the machine with the same solution for one more hour. Then take it back out drain shave again if needed and then oil. Place in frig. to mount or place in the freezer for mounting later. Hope I have helped you out. Jack F

THANKS JACK !

This response submitted by Steve on 01/23/2004. ( ) 66.42.38.170

Thank you very much Jack for the info.It was very helpful. Thanks again Steve.

Return to Tanning Category Menu