Fleshing machine dispute

Submitted by C Andrews on 01/20/2004. ( tla5@hotmail.com ) 216.93.38.75

I'm looking for some feed back on the much disputed topic of fleshing machines. I've narrowed my choices down to the Dakota V and the Quebec Lite. Let's leave the money issue out of the picture. I want to know which is the most user friendly, easiest to clean up, and best built. I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of your particular unit and if you are happy with it. Mostly, I would like to hear from someone who has worked with both models and can give me some real hands on truth about this issue.
It's time for a change and I'm trying to make a correct one.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

With limited......

This response submitted by b bishop on 01/21/2004. ( ) 65.73.67.64

knowledge about the quebec model , I can only speak for the Dakota as that is all I have ever used. I am very happy with the unit and only have one gripe and that is the blades are a real pain to change , thank goodness I dont have to do it very often . Other than that it is fairly quiet , comfortable and built well IMO.

I have used both

This response submitted by rustic on 01/21/2004. ( ) 209.240.251.194

I have used both, and both do the job,, however I do have a preference and that is the Dakota. for me its the comfort and I also feel that it is constructed much stronger..

Best machine:

This response submitted by Brian on 01/21/2004. ( brianwlg@yahoo.com ) 216.111.205.84

Dear C. If price is set aside then consider the Eager Beaver. We have 11 of these machines in our tannery and they work superbly. Easy to clean, easy to change blades, easy adjustments too. You get what you pay for. The same goes for the furdressing industry. Any questions give me a holler. 989-561-5369. Good luck, Brian

I own a

This response submitted by Lance on 01/22/2004. ( ) 206.159.163.82

eager beaver also and would not trade it for any other machine. smooth operation and blade change is nothing at all, It's really a great machine

buy Amarican

This response submitted by roger: on 01/22/2004. ( ) 12.22.37.94

Andrew. I've got a Dakota V. over the Quebec mainly becuse it's made in the U.S.A. It's works great.Dont know about the Beaver but hear thair blades are good, dose any one know thair 1-800-# ? leave with next responce.

RAW HIDE

This response submitted by Hunter on 01/27/2004. ( shootinjessie@aol.com ) 205.188.209.71

i have been using a raw hide flesher for 14 years with no problems at all. i have fleshed over 2500 animals and is still makes very little noise. the only other fleshers Ive seen around my area are dakotas most of them are noisey and have had to have bearings changed within a few years. im not saying the raw hide is the best but mine has performed like a champ.

If price is not set aside

This response submitted by John L on 02/04/2004. ( ) 63.234.88.200

Dakota V is $599.00

Eager Beaver $1495.00

Price is a factor at this time. Is their anything better than the Dakota V for not much more money.

Return to Tanning Category Menu