can I do 3 capes in one pickle?

Submitted by Sheldon on 01/27/2004. ( thunder1968@hotmail.com ) 207.179.190.1

I have three dry salted deer capes. Can I rehydrate ,then pickle them (vinegar type) together in the same containers? Checked the archives, but nothing specific. Thanks to all who reply.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

No

This response submitted by impossible on 01/27/2004. ( ) 216.144.8.71

No, it's impossible. You have to do one cape in a brand new, sterile container. You must buy the container new just before using, as well.

Of course you can! How do you think large tanneries get all their stuff done, do you think they have one little bucket they re-use a jillion times? They have huge "wet drums" which enable them to do hundreds of skins in one run.

Sarcasim

This response submitted by David on 01/27/2004. ( ) 66.156.189.67

Why do some of the people have to be so sarcastic when answering a simple question. We were all beginners at one time and we all had similar questions.

It seems like there are a lot of jerks in our profession. And I have had customers tell me about bad experiernces like that just talking to taxidermist

Thank you David

This response submitted by Sheldon on 01/27/2004. ( thunder1968@hotmail ) 207.179.190.1

Although I apprechiate the help, sometimes you gotta wonder about people, that is why I choose not to reply to such answers as above.(I guess I am now ,haha) The guys or gals writing such post are so full of hate or are so unhappy with there life it would be cruel wind-em-up any further!
But keep in mind all the good guys here, you and I just happen to be a couple of them.

Here.Here.

This response submitted by nobody on 02/02/2004. ( ) 12.22.37.94

I agree some people are so full of themselves, and think they are so smart. I WISH I WAS BORN KNOWING EVERYTHING! But allas I gess I'll have to ask stupid questions, and hope for a reasonable answer.
Hense my title, nobody....Sheldon, I only make a batch as big as I can keep up with at one time, being a moonlighter.

Return to Tanning Category Menu