bagged trophy angus

Submitted by Ron on 01/28/2004. ( ) 205.231.189.161

I recently harvested a rather nice angus bull on my back forty. I was hunting over bait (feed bucket) so was able to get quit close; six inches in fact. (I know because thats how long the barrel on my ruger is) Anyway the forty grain federal hollow point performed perfectly and dropped him in his tracks. My problem is the kids want to make a rug out of him and I'm a sucker so I said we'll try. Anyway, I finally got the bastard stuffed through that LITTLE! hole in my auto tanner and assuming I can even get the #$%#@^ thing back out what can I do to make it reasonably soft. I used the crystals that came with the machine, can't remember what their called, but I don't have a tumbler that can handle this hide and my wife says she ain't going to chew it like an eskimo women. Is this even possible guys, or have I really done it to myself this time. Any advice is much appreciated. PS. I going to be grilling steaks this weekend for any one who wants to come and chew cow hide. Ron

Return to Tanning Category Menu

tanning problems

This response submitted by Laurier on 01/29/2004. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.208.212

Hello Ron: call me at (705)476-0483 and I will walk you through it.

Laurier

chewing

This response submitted by chuck on 01/29/2004. ( ) 216.198.127.63

i like steak man but i'll be damn if i chew on your cow to get some! man your are one funny dude, man i about fell outta my chair when i read your post,(six inches away!) that was funny. thanks for the funny story i needed that.

thanks Chuck and Laurier

This response submitted by Ron on 01/30/2004. ( ) 205.231.189.212

Boy, someone actually responded to one of my questions and it wasn't even political. Laurier, I wouldn't dream of calling you at home and wasting your valuable time. I appreciate it though. Chuck you are right, I am a funny dude. It's how I keep myself from crying when I think of dragging a hundred pounds of bull hide across my fleshing machine. Hey Steve, have you ever tried to pull a rehydrated angus hide back out of those little doors on your tanning machines? It took three guys and 162 explitives. Ron

Return to Tanning Category Menu