Fleshing Machine ( Blade Holder)

Submitted by Scottie_The_Boy on 02/04/2004. ( scottie_the_boy@yahoo.com ) 216.42.66.114

Hi ya all,

I was wondering if there is a place online to order a new fleshing knife blade holder..for the larger 10"-12" blades with four bolt patern.?.

I need one as I would like a fresh one,Not one that vibrates or makes the blade vibrate when it's sharpened..Leaving the wavey look to hides and pelts.

As I don't stop in here much(sorry gang)..

Please Email me any info on a site or if you have a extra which is TRUE and doesn't need bearings added.

With Price and if it's new or used.

scottie_the_boy@yahoo.com

Scottie

Return to Tanning Category Menu

"Wavy lines"?

This response submitted by George on 02/04/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.167

Sounds more like the blade hasn't been dressed properly rather than unbalanced. Though your question does give me reason to assume anything. GOOD machines are balanced with double ball bearings. They don't wobble.

You need to tune the blade.

This response submitted by John C on 02/05/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

You will see if you look closly at the blade, there are hig spots and low spots on the blade, its a problem you have caused while tuning the blade.

Take a magic marker and turn the blade holding the marker on it. Now turn the machine on, you need to slowly bring your tuning tool to the blade, you will here a tzing each time the tool touches the hig spot, these leaves the low spots colored.

Use the tang end of a file to dress the blade, use plenty of oil on the blade. then littly touch the blade with your TUNING TOOLS. on the inside of the lip roll the tool to pull the edge out use oil!

Repeat until you have the high spots worked out. Then with a piece of 120 red garnett sand paper, stroke the outer edge of the blde toward the front cutting edge, but be extremely light in doing so.

Return to Tanning Category Menu