adjusting a Quebec flesher

Submitted by Steve on 02/02/2004. ( ) 216.129.231.7

I took everyone's advice and bought the used Quebec flesher that was for sale. I'm in the process of cleaning it up and putting a knew blade on it. I'm having trouble adjusting the guards for distance from the blade. I can bolt them on the inside or outside of the main frame...other than that there is no visible means of adjusting them in or out. I watched Mr. Rittels video on fleshing and I'm a little stumped on how to move them closer to the edge of the blade. For thinning Bruce recommended moving them about 1/8 inch from the blade. I could probably use a couple washers to get them there. Maybe I have the old Quebec flesher, but I'm just wondering how to get the guards closer. Thanks....Steve

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Had an old Van Dykes machine I used washers and a stove bolt.

This response submitted by John C on 02/02/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Not olny that I was able to bend the bronze gaurd a bit closer, worked a lot better that way.

Your local hardware store possibly has stainless steel washers.

Talk to the manufacturer

This response submitted by Gerry on 02/03/2004. ( info@fleshing.ca ) 216.106.104.56

Hi Steve,

Would it not make sence to talk to the guy that made the machine? I can't understand why we are not contacted in the first place, are we not the first responcible? If my product is not making money for you, you are dooing something wrong. Call me and I will set you in the right direction. Where is the problem? The telephone call is toll free. 1-800-567-5080

Gerry

Thanks Gerry

This response submitted by Steve on 02/03/2004. ( ) 216.129.231.7

I appreciate your concern and I'll give you a call. I also probably need to order your video. I'm tickled to have your flesher, I just need to learn how to run it....Thanks again, Steve

Return to Tanning Category Menu