Krowtann? soft ot wet?

Submitted by David tegtmeier on 02/05/2004. ( ) 207.91.30.50

Hi I was thinkihg about purchasing some of the new KrowTann form Ozark Woods supply co. But i Am wanting a wet tan that doesnt get really hard if it dries out. I am wanting to us this to do squirrels but also for fox and coyote wall hangers. So i need a multi pourpose. simple to use tann and from what i have heard Krowtann is the easies. Just put them in it for a couple days and take out. Anyone know of any tann that does this? if not what kind of tan does the Krowtann create? Thx Dave

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Dave, you are badly mistaken

This response submitted by George on 02/05/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.79

ALL TANS ARE HARD WHEN DRY UNLESS THEY ARE BROKEN. A hide doesn't get soft because of CHEMICAL reaction, it gets soft because of mechanical action. You need to do some serious reading in the archives.

It is

This response submitted by wetnwild on 02/05/2004. ( ) 24.128.109.191

A wet tan for fur bearing animals t do lifesize mounts. being such, after mounting on a form, it will dry and harden like any wet tan. For fur bearing animals as wall hangers, the best softest you can get is just to send them out commercially.

Return to Tanning Category Menu